Method Community

Issue with Customer address to Google Calendar

Last post 03-11-2016 12:00 PM by Maureen. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-11-2016 7:03 AM

Issue with Customer address to Google Calendar

I am not sure when this changed, however it used to be that whatever was entered on the second line of the customers default ship to address along with the city, state, zip in QB was the information that would show up in the google calendar event details in the "where" section.  

What is currently happening is this:

Customer info in QB  second line says "Sablewoods"   Google calender ignores this and only lists the city, state, zip.

Customer info in Quickbooks second line says "1 Sablewoods Dr." (Even though no such street exists in this particular town)      Google calendar shows where as: 1 Sablewoods Dr., city, state, zip

If I revert it in Quickbooks back to just "Sablewoods" and sync everything accordingly,  Google calendar reverts to only showing city state zip.  

Can someone tell me the exact perimeters for what will be brought over to Google calendar from the second line in QB and what will be ignored?  I realize I could test it a bunch of ways, but am hoping someone can just give me the infoas every changes means jumping through alot of hoops to get the sync correct.  (which is a problem for another day- ie:  if you change an address for a customer in quickbooks, and you have an existing w.o. for that customer in Method, the w.o. will update, but the corresponding google appointment "where" information does not change)

• 03-11-2016 12:00 PM In reply to

Re: Issue with Customer address to Google Calendar

With some additional research I can tell you that as a work around,  if the address field starts with a number, it will indeed show up on the Google Calendar.  So for this particular instance I could change "Sablewoods" to "0Sablewoods" to make it work.  However it would be nice if it brought the address regardless of how it starts.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)