Method Community

Trying to get link to contact with MethodAPIGetScreenURLV4

Last post 06-15-2016 11:21 AM by Method_Audisho. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-14-2016 5:15 PM

Trying to get link to contact with MethodAPIGetScreenURLV4

I am using MethodAPIGetScreenURLV4 and I give it the appropriate login credentials plus 

strSessionID = ""

DomainLinkOrMIurl = link

TabName = "Customers"

TabLinkName = "Edit Customer"

RecordID = 133

RoleName = "CRM"

ExpiryDate = ""

isPortal = false

PortalName = "'

PortalEntityRecordID = ""

My response looks like this 

<string xmlns="http://tempuri.org/">

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252" ?><MethodAPI response = "Success" URL = "P8o1ymi" ></MethodAPI>

</string>

I want my user to be able to click the URL to go to directly to the customer in Method CRM but that url is invalid.  Am I doing something wrong or should I be using another method call?  Please help.  

• 06-15-2016 8:34 AM In reply to

Re: Trying to get link to contact with MethodAPIGetScreenURLV4

Hi Steven,

First off, let me welcome you to the Method forum! Big Smile

I gave this API call a try on my own account using similar values to what you provided and ended up with a similar result. The URL I received was just a string of random characters. I believe this was meant to return a complete URL, but for some reason, that's not what's happening.

Fortunately, you can get around this by changing one of the values in your API call. If you change "DomainLinkOrMIurl = link" to "DomainLinkOrMIurl = miurl", then the result will be a complete URL, which directs to the correct screen and record.

Give this a try and let me know if it works for you. I hope this helps.

--Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    Method:CRM
    a.sada@method.me
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local & Overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
  • 06-15-2016 10:29 AM In reply to

Thanks for your help.  However, with that change, I now get a url that looks like this "http://MIurl.cc/QdM8xmi" which takes me directly to method crm but not the specific customer I was referencing.  Is it possible to go directly to that Customer?  I am using the recordID of the person I want to see on the Customers table.  Also, is there a list of valid values for TabLinkName?  I could not find any in the documentation.

• 06-15-2016 11:21 AM In reply to

Answer

Hi Steven,

The URL will take you to the screen and open the customer record as long as you are passing a valid RecordID for that table and screen. How are you retrieving the RecordID? If you are getting it directly from the Customer List screen, then you'll want to use the Entity RecordID, as the RecordID is for the Contacts table.

There is no listing of valid Tabs Names and Tab Link Names. You can retrieve this by simply logging into Method Classic and checking the names of the tabs and tab links within the system.

Your confusion here prompted me to look into your account information. I see that you're using Method New. Unfortunately, this endpoint has not been updated to work with Method New at this time and will only function on Method Classic. If you're currently creating a workflow that absolutely requires this functionality and you're okay with using the classic version for this, please feel free to reach out to your account manager to discuss obtaining access to Method Classic.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

--Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    Method:CRM
    a.sada@method.me
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local & Overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)