Method Community

Problem when updating a QB invoice in Method

Last post 02-14-2017 7:42 AM by Maureen. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-14-2017 7:42 AM

Problem when updating a QB invoice in Method

Good Morning,

I invoice my work orders in method and then go into Quickbooks to "Add Time/Costs" to the invoice as I have not found any easy way to do that in Method.  I am having the following problem, it as always been this way, but it has become more inconvenient recently.   After adding Reimbursable Expenses from the "Add Time/Costs" feature in Quickbooks, I save the invoice.  Everything is fine if I do not go into the invoice in Method.  However if I want to do anything to the invoice grid in Method, as soon as the grid is updated, it removes the "Markup" amount from the invoice and treats that line as if it is a subtotal.  I have tried numerous ways to then fix this error on the invoice within Method, but nothing works.  I have to go back to quickbooks to fix the invoice and then resave it.  I have looked to see if I could somehow relate the markup to an item so that Method will recognize it, but QB only lets me relate the markup to an account, not an item.  I have thought about if there is some way to get the update feature on the invoice to ignore that line, but I don't seem to have access to customize the update feature for any particular screen.  If you have any ideas, I would be happy to try them.

Also - can you point me in the correct direction to find instructions on how you would add expenses from a vendor bill to the customers invoice within Method?

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)