Method Community

Purchase order tracking

Last post 03-03-2017 8:41 AM by method_marcia. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-01-2017 2:10 PM

Purchase order tracking

I use the newer engine of Method along with QuickBooks Online. Im needing to be able to track PO's when I order parts for my business. Is there a place or APP within Method that allows me to do this. I looked at the purchasing APP but was unable to tell if I could use it for the purpose I need. I make a ton of online purchases through Amazon, Ebay and other online vendors that supply my industry of small engine repair. I would like to be able to enter the perameters of the purchase, i.e. Vendor, Date, Item Description and Item Cost, to some sort of tracking page that I can go back to when the item arives and mark it as received and then add it to which ever invoice I need. Is this possible or would this fall under the catagory of "Customization"?

• 03-03-2017 8:41 AM In reply to

Re: Purchase order tracking

Hi Todd,

There is Purchase Transactions pack available in Method where you would be able to track your Purchase Orders as well as Bills from your Vendors. THhe out-of-the-box feature for Purchase Orders app would allow you to enter new Purchase Orders which entailed Vendors Name, Item Name, Item Description and Item Cost. It would also provide you with the status of this Purchase Orders i.e Open or closed depending on whether or not you've received Bills agains this P.O. You can refer to the screenshot to demostrate the above features. With regards to tracking page where you would want to see which Item you've received - this is not available out-of-the-box and such tracking/reporting functionality would require customization on your account. If you'd like, we can get you connected with our Consulting team to further scope out this customization project for you.

Thanks Todd

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)