Method Community

Add Method sync engine to other workstations in a office

Last post 09-07-2010 4:34 PM by Anonymous. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-26-2010 4:40 PM

• Wilna
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-12-2010
    • Shreveport, LA
    • Posts 12

Add Method sync engine to other workstations in a office

Wilna S. Sepulvado
    Sepulvado Ventures, Inc.
  • 08-27-2010 4:27 PM In reply to

Re: Add Method sync engine to other workstations in a office

Answer

Hi Wilna,

Are you asking if the Method Engine should be installed on other workstations in the office? If you are, then it should be installed on any workstation where QuickBooks is installed on, that opens the QuickBooks file that is synced to Method.

• 08-28-2010 11:34 AM In reply to

• Wilna
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-12-2010
    • Shreveport, LA
    • Posts 12

I installed my first Method account Thursday and set it up on the computer that it will be on all the time and linked with QBES in the accounting office that can be locked up.

The office manager Debby who wants to get this setup and her using first - they have signed up for a 1 user right now but we should increase this up to 10 by the end of the year.  Therefore I have set this up with the knowledge that we will be adding the additional users.

On the main computer I set it up with Debby being the Admin and set it up on this back computer that will be on all the time.  I have done the first push and everything has come over.  I then went in a setup a role called DebbyMorris and gave her all the roles except for Customize and made it so that when she logs in that the Debby Morris will be the default role that she will see.

I now need to go to her computer and add the Method Engine to her workstation since this will be the computer that she will work at and log into.  The Questions is this??

1.    Do I go thru the same Method installation that I just did on the initial computer or do I log into Method account that I have now setup and have running and then is there a install that I do on this workstation that will only install the Method Engine since she will have Quickbooks open on her computer as well as having Method open as well. 

2.  Will she be able to have QBES open under her log in and Method under her log in on her computer if we have the back computer on with QBES open under Admin and Method open under her log in.  Or  Do you have to have another user for her since she is a user as well as the Admin user for Method???

3.  Also we will be setting up her Mobile phone so that she will be able to log into Method from field for Field Services - Do I need to set her up as this second user for this reason as well.

I just need to get these two things clarified.

Wilna S. Sepulvado
    Sepulvado Ventures, Inc.
  • 08-30-2010 10:10 AM In reply to

Answer

Hi Wilna,

I've answered your questions as per the order you asked:

1. You'll need to do the installation on any other computer that opens up QBES to the same QuickBook file. If there are computers in the office that do not open QuickBooks then you can just open up Internet Explorer / Firefox and log into Method.

2. Yes she can be logged in as Admin on QB and Method on her computer.

3. You can use the same log in since it's the same user.

• 09-03-2010 2:01 PM In reply to

• Wilna
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-12-2010
    • Shreveport, LA
    • Posts 12

Re: Add Different Teams to Field Services with One Licensed User

When you are in Field Services and you setup different Teams/Crews that you are working, how do you do that.  Right now I have only one User Debby - for HooglandsLandscapeLLC.  She has 15 crews that she is assigning Work Orders to for the various work that she needs to have done.  She wants to be able to follow these Work Orders.

When she prepares a WorkOrder on her calendar she will assign it to - right now the only user is Debby - Do I setup non licensed users for each one of her crews so that she will have the default crew under that user?  That seems like this would work but I need to know what would be the best for the client??

Next how do you setup the projects that last two day in a row.  Do you have two Work Orders for each day with the crews that are assigned and what they will be doing??

How do you bill thoses two Work Orders on one Invoice???

Thanks for your help

Wilna S. Sepulvado
    Sepulvado Ventures, Inc.
  • 09-07-2010 3:18 PM In reply to

Hey Wilna,

If you want to setup a team/crew, click on the Dashboard and you will find a button for "Team Members...". This button will take you to the setup screen where you can build your team/crew. Currently you can have 5 people on a team, if you want add more, you will need to customize the screen and add some more dropdowns.

If you want to be able to assign WO's to people, they need to be users. Not all users need to be able to log in, so add all your tech's as users but have them set as not active. This will allow you to select them from the dropdown and assign them to WO's.

If you have a job that is going to take 2 days, you could go ahead and setup a WO for each day. After each day you can update the WO's with any extra details from the day.

Once the work is complete, you can select both WO's and invoice them together by using the "More actions..." button.
    Hope this helps!

• 09-07-2010 4:34 PM In reply to

Hey Wilna,

I just wanted to toss in that you don't have to create 2 WO's. You can create one that starts on day 1, and ends at the end of day 2. It's really your choice how you want to do it.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)