Method Community

Missing Outlook contact Info and How to Sync Contacts

Last post 09-08-2010 8:45 AM by Anonymous. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-27-2010 6:11 PM

• haident
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-25-2010
    • Dallas, TX
    • Posts 43

Missing Outlook contact Info and How to Sync Contacts

I am justing beginning to look at the plug-in, but the first thing I notice is that when an Outlook contact is added to Method the mobile phone number is not populated to the record in Method. Seems like it should since there is a field for it in Method. Plus, lot of other contact info would be great to have in Method (other phone numbers, addresses, etc.)

Also, how does one initiate a sync between contacts in Method and Outlook (from my quick look so far it does not appear to exist)?

Haiden W. Turner
    Winged Disc Technologies, LLC
    Dallas, Texas
  • 08-30-2010 9:21 AM In reply to

Re: Missing Outlook contact Info and How to Sync Contacts

Hello,

Yes, you can sync contact between Outlook and Method. Kindly review webinar 26 to ensure you are following the right steps. Please let me know if you're still unable to sync them. Here is the link to the webinars: http://www.methodintegration.com/cs/blogs/methodblog/pages/Method-Community-Webinars.aspx

• 09-05-2010 11:57 AM In reply to

• haident
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-25-2010
    • Dallas, TX
    • Posts 43

I think there may be some confusion about what syncing means.

What Ryan is demoing in webinar 26 is a push of Outlook contact info to Method. Syncing would allow one to change contact info in Method and have those changes sync back to Outlook, or if changes were made in Outlook they would sync up to Method.

Without this functionality you have two disjointed contact lists. I am not trying to be overlly critical, but until this is fixed it would be difficult to suggest Method CRM as alternative to other CRM applications.

Beyond this, how are you going to handle multiple users syncing contacts between Method and Outlook?

Haiden W. Turner
    Winged Disc Technologies, LLC
    Dallas, Texas
  • 09-07-2010 4:03 PM In reply to

Hello,

We are currently looking into your request to have a full contact synchronization. We will get back to you as soon as possible with a definite answer.

Thank you

Victor

• 09-08-2010 8:37 AM In reply to

Dear Haident,

Thank you for your suggestion to have a two way synchronization. Although this feature will not be implemented in current version of Outlook Plugin, it will be one of the features we'll review for version 3.0.

1.      In Outlook press the "New Mail Message" button

2.      Press the Method "Address" button

3.      In "Global Method Address List" window enter a name of a contact you want to send an email to and click "Search"

4.      Find the contact in the grid, make sure it has an email and then double click on it. You will see it has added this email to the "To" address line

5.      Click ok and this client's email will appear in the to address line of your email

6.      Type your email and click send

Hope this helps!

• 09-08-2010 8:45 AM In reply to

Hey Everyone,

Just a heads up I have updated the last post to include the steps needed to access your Method contacts from Outlook.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)