Method Community

How do I insert multiple records into a table?

Last post 09-20-2010 11:41 AM by seny. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-15-2010 6:06 PM

• seny
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-15-2010
    • Posts 32

How do I insert multiple records into a table?

If I received a PO, and I want to insert the items I received into anther table (Called Asset), the number of records need to be inserted depends on the Quantity I ordered in the PO, so how do I insert multiple records into the other table (Asset)?

• 09-20-2010 10:30 AM In reply to

Re: How do I insert multiple records into a table?

Hey Seny,

I to needed a feature like this, and we are looking into adding more loop options. Currently we cannot just loop X number of times, but we do have a work around for now.

Start off with creating a table with a field called "Number" (type = textbox), add a bunch of records numbering each one from 1 to 50. Now on your screen, in the list of actions, use an Action Result to capture the number of Items to create in your Asset table. Next use the "Loop Through Table" action, and loop through your temp table. To stop your loop, use a conditional Statement at the end of your loop(but inside) that says "If Number = (the number of items to enter) stop processing more actions.

This should get you going.

• 09-20-2010 11:41 AM In reply to

• seny
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-15-2010
    • Posts 32

Re: How do I insert multiple records into a table?

Thanks Ryan. I was using that work around, but I found it a little bit awkward. I guess I have to stay that way until there is a better one.

By the way, did you get a chance to see my other post? which is about the PO number from ItemReceiptLineItem.

Would you please let me if you found something? Thank you.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)