Method Community

Missing Field in XML response in MethodAPISelect_XMLV2 api call.

Last post 12-14-2016 6:52 PM by dknoben. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-14-2016 2:47 PM

Missing Field in XML response in MethodAPISelect_XMLV2 api call.

I am having a weird issue in with the MethodAPISelect_XMLV2 api call. One field I am requesting in the call is not returned in the XML. It does not return an error saying that the field does not exist, it just does not return the field in the record. I am attempting to get the field from a custom table, and it says the field is editable, but it will not show up in the response.  

• 12-14-2016 3:24 PM In reply to

Re: Missing Field in XML response in MethodAPISelect_XMLV2 api call.

Hi dknoben,

I'm going to need some additional information in order to dig into this. Can you email me your company account name, and the table and field that your are attempting to retrieve? Can you also include the payload that you're sending this endpoint? Thanks.

--Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    Method:CRM
    a.sada@method.me
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local & Overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
  • 12-14-2016 3:53 PM In reply to

Hi dknoben,

It appears that the field is not being returned because the value of the field is NULL. This is true for all records in the table that match your where clause. You can compare this with a record that has a value of 0 or greater and you will see that the field is in-fact returned.

In order to prevent this, I recommend that you initialize this field for any records that you insert into this table by assigning a value of 0 instead of leaving it blank. You will also need to loop through the table and assign a value of 0 where the value is currently blank to fix your existing data. This should allow you to achieve your desired result. I hope this helps.

--Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    Method:CRM
    a.sada@method.me
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local & Overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
  • 12-14-2016 6:52 PM In reply to

Answer

I wanted to say that my issue was the field's value was null in mehtod and so the field was not returned, in case anybody else ran across an issue like this.  Thanks Method_Audisho for the help figuring this out.  

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)