Method Community

Multi Tenancy

Last post 04-04-2017 10:04 AM by bcr_garrett. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-07-2017 11:51 PM

Multi Tenancy

Working in a multi-tenant account once again...

I have an Activity being created from the tenant account for a user in the main account via actions on a button.

When the tenant user only has access to the tenant account, it doesn't work.  Some of the fields are not written to the Activity table (Assigned To, Status).  I am using RecIDs WHERE TenantID...to be sure the correct field is being entered.

I have only been able to complete this action successfully if the tenant user has access to the main account => Step 6 of 10 (continued): Access to Franchisees.

The only issue is that the tenant user has the ability to log into the main account.

My preference is to be able to write to/from either account without the user(s) having access to the other account.

Hope this makes sense.  Hope I'm missing something simple.

Thanks,

Garrett

• 03-23-2017 2:26 PM In reply to

Re: Multi Tenancy

Hi Garrett,

I had shared the answer with you over email but to make that available here in the forum community too, the answer to your request requires customizations if we wanted to alter the barriers between the different files within a multi-tenant environment. I am including our multi-tenancy help article here for anyone who wants to read more about the concept and filtering (closer to the bottom of the article). Our customization team is available to help get you started with a scoping session before diving into your multi-tenancy project. 

Hope this helps.

• 04-04-2017 10:04 AM In reply to

Re: Multi Tenancy

I appreciate Ashur's time on this issue as we were able to determine that this is a limitation of a multi-tenancy account.

Currently, users within a multi-tenancy account are not able to send activities between tenant accounts without access to those specific accounts.

My hope is that we awill eventually be able to restrict login access to those multiple accounts, or allow cross talk between the accounts without explicit access.

Thanks again for your help.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)