Method Community

Shared Users Permissions

Last post 06-06-2017 4:00 PM by Method_Phuong. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-04-2017 2:12 PM

Shared Users Permissions

I have admin access for my company account but I am also a Sales Rep with a few customers assigned to me. For some reason, the other sales reps see my customers/orders/etc in various grids even though the filter is set to 'Shared Users - Sales Rep Record Id'. Is there something special about my access that makes this filter not work as intended?

Blake C
  • 06-05-2017 1:10 PM In reply to

Re: Shared Users Permissions

Anything thoughts on addressing this?

It sure seems weird that the shared users grid filter would display records to other non-admin users (sales reps) that are assigned to my admin sales rep account.

Blake C
  • 06-05-2017 2:48 PM In reply to

Answer

I looked at my user's shared record permissions and it was set to share all records so i unchecked that and now the 'shared user' filter seems to be working correctly. 

Blake C
  • 06-06-2017 4:00 PM In reply to

Hi Blake,

By default all users have records set to be "shared". If you prefer to have each user see their own assigned records, go to the "Customize" tab > Users > select a user on the list > "Edit" > go to steps 7 of 10 and instead of "Shares all Records", uncheck that option and define if you'd like this user to share any records with an(other).

Try it out!

If you would like to use our live chat option, go to www.method.me and you will find a green bubble at the bottom right hand corner. :)

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)