Method Community

Google Maps App???

Last post 09-25-2017 11:15 AM by Method_Sammy. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-24-2017 9:57 PM

Google Maps App???

Hi all,

In the browser version of Method, when I click on an address it opens the Google Maps App. When using the Method App, clicking on an address opens a Google Map in the browser, but doesn't open the Google Maps App. Without the Google Maps App running you can not do navigation as the browser version won't access your location.

Is there a solution or workaround for this?

• 06-26-2017 11:16 AM In reply to

Re: Google Maps App???

"Hello,

Thank you for your question and bringing this to our attention. We have been able to replicate the issue, and have launched a request for our development team to look into this issue. The issue seems to happen on Android devices wheras Iphones are working normal. We can inform you once this issue has been resolved. Thanks! "

• 09-24-2017 9:07 PM In reply to

Hi, is there any update on this? We have been planning to use the Android app for dispatching crews this winter and the maps component is essential to this. 

• 09-25-2017 8:47 AM In reply to

Hey, 

Thanks for reaching out. I've got an update that the issue with Google Maps on Android has been resolved! Please let us know if you experience any issues with regards to this. 

best, 

• 09-25-2017 9:38 AM In reply to

Hi, I'm still having the same problem. I noticed that the app hasn't been updated in Google Play since March, 2017. Could this be the issue?

• 09-25-2017 11:15 AM In reply to

Hey, 

Apologies! It looks like that issue with Google Maps is currently in the backlog of our development team. I've checked with the team and unfortunately at this time, we don't have an ETA on when it will be completed. But once we have one, we can share any updates on this forum.  

best, 

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)