Method Community

Embedded Web to Lead form requires third-party cookies -- why? workarounds?

Last post 10-18-2018 4:27 PM by ben@stiehltech.com. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-18-2018 4:27 PM

Embedded Web to Lead form requires third-party cookies -- why? workarounds?

Hi all,

I've embedded the Web to Lead form on our website so we can receive inquiries from potential new customers.

The form displays fine if the website visitor's browser is set to always accept third-party cookies.

If not, the form does not load.

I was told by Method CRM support that their Web to Lead form requires cookies because that's how their Authorization works. I'm not a developer but I don't understand the logic here.

I can see how we might want to authenticate my website displaying the form from Method CRM, and I'm assuming that's part of what the APIs that embed the form on our website do.

But I don't understand why the end user's browser would need a cookie from Method CRM.

At the end of the day, I'm a bit stuck if a visitor is not able to set their browser to always accept third-party cookies (institutional policy, personal preference, etc.).

Any suggestions or workarounds? Would there be some way to re-direct the Web to Lead form to set the cookie on my website's server instead of on the user's browser?

Thanks,

-Ben

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)