Method Community

Payment postback

Last post 03-31-2020 11:03 AM by Method_Paul. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-28-2020 7:16 AM

Payment postback

We need some more help regarding posting back a payment to the Method. We have looked into the reference links shared. We saw the Method CRM portal and there are number of tables already present. PaymentTransactionLog is one among them which I thought is the table to write a record for posting back a payment. I tried using the web service method but I am receiving “The table does not support add”.

Could you please help us understand what exactly posting back a payment to Method means?

• 03-28-2020 2:51 PM In reply to

Re: Payment postback

Hi there AswinChepuri.

If you want to record that a payment was received for a customer, and have that payment be sent to QuickBooks, you are looking for the ReceivePayment table.

HTHs,

Paul

• 03-31-2020 3:00 AM In reply to

Thank you Paul.

I am trying to use MethodAPI soap service client to insert data into ReceivePayment table. When I hit the service method I got the below response.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252" ?><MethodAPI response = "Not all required fields are present. Required field CustomerRef is not passed for the table ReceivePayment" ></MethodAPI>

I even looked into the table and there is not field with the name CustomerRef. 

Anyways I tried passing that column but I received the below response. 

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252" ?><MethodAPI response = "It does not appear the field 'CustomerRef' exists in the table." ></MethodAPI>

Kindly help me out on this.

Thanks,

AswinChepuri.

• 03-31-2020 7:35 AM In reply to

AswinChepuri - the response is a little confusing.  The "Ref" referrs to the "Customer" field is a reference to a lookup in another table.  It would be more intuitive if the message really said something along the lines of "Not all required fields are present. Required lookup field Customer is not passed for the table ReceivePayment."

So the field you are looking for is the Customer field.

This should match a value from the FullName field in the Customer table.

HTHs,

Paul

• 03-31-2020 9:13 AM In reply to

Thank you Paul. Your help is greatly appreciated. 

I am able to get pass through it. Now I am unable to understand what value should I pass for the "Deposit To Account" field. I understand it is the account to which the money should be deposited but where I can find the account number to pass through for this field.

Thanks again.

Thanks,

Aswin Chepuri

• 03-31-2020 11:03 AM In reply to

Aswin - I suggest (as a best practice that will save you lots of time!) to first try putting through a couple of payments, manually, via the Method web app.  That way you see the field values the UI is expecting, which should match the field values the API would also be expecting.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)