Method Community

Customer Portal Order Entry

Last post 10-09-2010 2:08 PM by Method_Paul. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-09-2010 8:54 AM

Customer Portal Order Entry

I want to allow my customer to place an order through the Customer Portal, then have that order held for approval before becoming an invoice.  I've copied the Invoice screen to my portal tab already.  Do I need to create a duplicate table to hold all the information, then upon approval move it to the invoice table, or is there some way to have it already in the invoice table, but not downloaded to QB until approved.  This is similar to the expense report approval or the time entry approval.  How do I get this on an invoice entry approval?

Tricia Hendrix

Ten Key Business Solutions, Inc.

Patricia Hendrix
  • 10-09-2010 9:08 AM In reply to

Re: Customer Portal Order Entry

Just put the IsWaitingForSyncApproval field on the screen.  This is exactly what you are looking for.  If the invoice has checkbox in this field it won't go to QuickBooks.

I think you should be able to default it to be checked, and default it to be hidden, so that the customer can't see it, but it gets set anyway.

Paul 

• 10-09-2010 11:14 AM In reply to

I don't see this field in the field list or the object list.  How do I add this field to the list?

Patricia Hendrix
  • 10-09-2010 1:14 PM In reply to

Hmmm.........should be there.

Maybe it's already on the screen?  Do you see a checkbox on the invoice screen already as "Wait for Sync Approval?"?  That uses the IsWaitingForSyncApproval field.

Paul 

• 10-09-2010 1:28 PM In reply to

OK, I do see it there, sorry.  But what makes this field special?  I doesn't seem to be tied to a special field.  Can I add a normal check box on any screen and just name the caption "Wait for Sync Approval?" and it will work?  If so, this means that Method is looking for that exact wording in the caption?  If it is tied to the "IsWaitingForSyncApproval" field, how do I tie that field to the checkbox?

Patricia Hendrix
  • 10-09-2010 2:08 PM In reply to

That field was originally IsWaitingForSyncApproval, but when it was dragged on the screen, the caption was changed.  In the back-end we are looking for IsWaitingForSyncApproval, and we do all the work automatically (i.e. no need for special actions for you for this field).

You can see that the field is tied to IsWaitingForSyncApproval by editing the checkbox.  You'll see the caption is "Checkbox Properties for field IsWaitingForSyncApproval" which tells you the real field name.  Yes......a little obscure, but at least it's there!!

Paul

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)