Method Community

Weird float problem with Invoices

Last post 11-09-2023 2:13 PM by v.cameron. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-07-2023 1:17 PM

Weird float problem with Invoices

We're sending invoices to method and the infromation is changing after we send. I'm not sure why.

------------------

Subtotal: Sent as a string with a different value, received as an integer ("6815.00" vs 4590).

SalesTaxTotal: Sent as a string with a different value, received as a float ("885.95" vs 596.7).

These are two items that I'm not sure about. I dont know why they are changing in value, I understand changing type, but the number should at least be the same. Does method have any logging for this sort of thing that I can get access to so I can figure this out?

• 11-09-2023 1:18 PM In reply to

Re: Weird float problem with Invoices

Hi sp9001,

I have emailed you to learn a little bit more about the Invoice request you are making so that I can understand the issue better. You can reply to the email if you are not comfortable sharing it here on the forum. 

Cheers,
    Inder

• 11-09-2023 2:13 PM In reply to

Re: Weird float problem with Invoices

You don't say which accounting package you are connected to, but one thing that might be happening here is that the Sales tax and subtotal usually get calculated by QuickBooks and can't be overwritten in Method. They could come back as different values than you sent if that's what is going on. 

Victoria Cameron
    vcameron@cloudconsutlancyllc.com
    www.cloudconsultancyllc.com
    650/209-0345

What is Method?

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)