Method Community

New user: some general questions

Last post 10-26-2010 12:03 PM by Anonymous. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-25-2010 2:43 PM

New user: some general questions

Hi,

I'm posting this on behalf of Brandon Smith.  Thanks.

- How does customer name differ from company name when we don’t use people’s names as customers?

-          I noticed a few errors:

a.       error when clicking "go to" under "my activities"

b.      activities grid won't load under mobile users role.

-          How do I record notes for a customer under the sales role and mobile role?

-          Is there a way to create a list of customers based on city or sales dollars?

Wayne Barbaza
    Account Manager
    Method Integration
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238 ext. 728
    Fax: 416.640.6027
    E-mail: w.barbaza@methodintegration.com
  • 10-25-2010 3:40 PM In reply to

Re: New user: some general questions

Brandon - I'm a certified Method consultant and Solution Provider and provide an extensive amount of method support and customization services for clients.  Let me know if I can help in any way in the future.  To answer your questions;

a. I was able to replicate this on the standard Method screen.  The Method engineers will probably need to push out a fix to this, but if this is needed urgently, that link can be reprogrammed to work until they push out an update on that screen.

b. We probably need more info on this.  Is this a grid that you've tried to add to the mobile users role?  Perhaps I'm misunderstanding the question but I don't think the activities grid is by default included in the Mobile Users role.  In any case, this can be customized to work.

When in the Sales role, sales reps can make notes on opportunities that are associated with the customers.  If they'd like to make notes that are tied directly to the customer, the customer notes field would need to be added to the customer list screen.  Same goes for the mobile role.  The field would need to be added to a screen that's available in the mobile role.

Creating a list of customers by city can be accomplished by creating a grid sorted by city, or can be accomplished by creating a report that displays the customer list sorted by city.  The listing of customers by sales dollars is a little more complex to do in Method but is possible.  This report can be pulled from QuickBooks though fairly easily though so you can either pull it from QuickBooks, or have a report customized in Method to pull this.

Again, let me know if I can help with anything else in the future.

Selwyn van Rooyen, Wyn Solutions
    www.wynsolutions.com
    804-612-6100

​Selwyn van Rooyen | 321.800.8410
    Advanced Certified Method Consultant
    www.wynsolutions.com
  • 10-25-2010 4:42 PM In reply to

Hi Brandon,

Also, just to address your first question, the way Method handles "customer name" and "company name" is identical to the way it is handled in Quickbooks.

A customer name can essentially be anything you like, either an actual name (First name, Last name) or a company name, either is acceptable. If you try to enter just the company name, both Quickbooks and Method will also make this value the "customer name". Hope this clears things up a bit.

Regards,
    Denis

• 10-25-2010 5:20 PM In reply to

Hi Brandon and Selwyn,

We tried replicating the "go to" issue you mention, however after trying it on several machines can observe no errors. Could you kindly point us to the direction of the error that you are encountering. Based on the above, we assume you are talking about the Customer Center -> Customer List -> Existing Customers field, select a customer and hit "Go to" to view "Add/Edit Activity".

Regards,
    Denis

• 10-26-2010 8:43 AM In reply to

Denis - this is on the "Call Center Dashboard" screen under the My Activities section.

Selwyn.

​Selwyn van Rooyen | 321.800.8410
    Advanced Certified Method Consultant
    www.wynsolutions.com
  • 10-26-2010 12:03 PM In reply to

Thanks Selwyn.

Update: We've been able to reproduce the error, and have resolved the issue. The "Go to..." link should now work properly.

Regards,
    Denis

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)