Method Community

My Calendar Screen Will Not Show

Last post 11-05-2010 8:47 AM by Anonymous. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-04-2010 12:36 PM

My Calendar Screen Will Not Show

Hello Team,

We have a client with a live Method account (full blown) using Field Services.  When we go to the Field Services Center and click on My Calendar, the existing customers screen appears.

When we go to Customize/Screens and look for the FS calendar the screen name appears as FieldService_Calendar@$#.  We clicked 'view', and the existing customers screen appeared briefly before switching over to the calendar screen.  After logging out and back in, refreshing, etc,. the problem still exists.

Please note, we did NOT alter nor copy this screen in any way. 

Can someone please advise where the @$# came from at the end of the screen name and how we can fix this?

Thank you.

Laura

Laura Fischer
    Business Accounting Software, Inc.
    512-267-2277
  • 11-04-2010 1:35 PM In reply to

Re: My Calendar Screen Will Not Show

Hi Laura,

I've emailed and left you a vm message regarding getting the client's account name. In the mean time, a workaround may be to try to import field services again in order to get that screen back, and then add the tab link in under customize -> tabs.

Regards,
    Denis

• 11-04-2010 2:58 PM In reply to

Denis,

I left you a vm and sent an email as well.  Before trying to delete and reinstall Field Services, will you confirm that none of our customizations (forms, etc) will be affected?

Thanks,

Laura

Laura Fischer
    Business Accounting Software, Inc.
    512-267-2277
  • 11-04-2010 3:33 PM In reply to

Laura,

Hope all is well.  :)  May I also suggest posting questions like these on the Consultants and Account Managers forum group.  The group is dedicated for Method Consultants and Account Managers like yourself.  This group is more of a users group but if you feel the questions are of a general nature, feel free to post away.  

Have a great weekend,

Danny

• 11-05-2010 8:47 AM In reply to

Hello,

Just for the benefit of the community - uninstalling a Method Application such as field services does not affect customizations you made made to it.

If in doubt, follow these simple instructions (thanks to Paul):

1. Remove Field Services

2. Go to Customize -> Screens.

3. All your customized screens related to Field Services are gone.

4. Freak out.

5. Import the app again.

6. Sigh of relief that the built in and customized screens are still there.

Regards,
    Denis

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)