Method Community

Opportunity "Name" added to Activity Screen

Last post 12-17-2010 9:58 AM by Anonymous. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-10-2010 8:04 PM

Opportunity "Name" added to Activity Screen

I have created an Activity(2) screen and would like to pull in the Opportunity Name.  Can you give some direction on that.  The Opportunity Number is there, along with Client and Contact, Contact phone etc.  I can click on the Opp # and go to the Opp from the Activity, but our sales team would like one Activity Screen that shows pertinent info along with Comments.  I have everything except the Opportunity Name.

Thanks

Bill Bemus

• 12-17-2010 9:58 AM In reply to

Re: Opportunity "Name" added to Activity Screen

Hi Bill,

The field "Name" (opportunity name) resides in the opportunity table, not the activity table. In order to pull in data from another table, we use a feature called "add linked field" which is found under Tables / Fields -> Edit "Activity" Table -> Add linked field radio box. There link using the Opportunity table, and  the "name" field. Give the "display as" caption as "Opportunity Name" just so you don't get confused what "name" refers to (i.e. not a first name / last name).

Regards,
    Denis

PS: Just a reminder, that you should post questions related to Method in the general Method Q&A forum as you posted this in the Method API section. This question isn't related to the Method API.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)