Method Community

Time Tracking

Last post 11-12-2010 2:37 PM by Method_Valbon. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-11-2010 4:30 PM

Time Tracking

Have a problem with Time Tracking in method, it is not carrying over to Quick Books. [The error was: There was an error when saving a Time Tracking. Quick Books error message: Billable activities must have a customer:job and service item.] These fields were filled in. Time Tracking was posting up until the 3rd of November. We are connecting to Quick books and Method through Right Networks.

Also notice in Method that under the Customize tab, then under Screens tab that the existing screens are not longer showing up. I cannot copy or edit screens. The screen is there for create a new screen and edit an existing screen with no screens listed. If I hit the Copy/Import Screen button then select a library there is nothing listed in the drop down for either library.

I do not know if both issues are related? Any suggestion?

Steve

• 11-12-2010 2:37 PM In reply to

Re: Time Tracking

Answer

Steve - this post is a bit redundant for you as you also posted in another dedicate forum. But for our other users...

This Method account was never properly set up for Right Networks which requires that TCP/IP Supports Roaming. This is an option that would have to be enabled (by us) when using Method with Right Networks…but you’d have to let us know. It’s a high possibility this is the reason for your sync issues.

In order to setup a Method account on Right Networks, there are special instructions that need to be followed.  These are detailed in the document below.

http://www.methodintegration.com/documentation/MethodIntegrationOnRightNetworks_v1.pdf

Also, if your Method account has un-resolved conflicts, it could lead to ongoing issues. For example, the existence of a customer conflict could lead to time tracking conflicts because the customer isn’t in QB yet…because of the customer conflict. That’s just an example…so please deal with any conflicts that may exist.

Access to Screens:

My bet is, this is all due to permissions/restrictions for you as the Method user. Customize>>>User>>>Step 6 of 7: Access to Screens.  If you select the option for 'This user only allowed to customize specific existing screens' and do not add any screens to the list...you won't see any. Stick out tongue

Need more help? Ask us about Method consulting services.

Valbon Shabani
    Director of Education
    Method Integration Inc.
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238 ext. 715
    Local and overseas: 416.847.0400 ext. 715
    Fax: 416.640.6027
    E-mail: valbon@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)