Method Community

Date and Time in Purchase Orders

Last post 01-26-2009 4:47 PM by Method_Valbon. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-26-2009 12:48 PM

• Laura
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-10-2008
    • Posts 5

Date and Time in Purchase Orders

I do not want the time to print after the date on my reports.  On "invoice" if I pick a date, only a date shows up on the report.  On "purchase order", when I select a date, only the date shows on the method side but when I view the report, a TIME follows the date.  How do I get just the date to show on that report?

Thanks,
    Laura

• 01-26-2009 4:47 PM In reply to

Re: Date and Time in Purchase Orders

Hi Laura,

The reason you don’t see time on the date fields in Method is because these fields have default display properties. This explains why you will only see date and not time from the Invoice and Purchase order screens. FYI these settings can be changed in step 4 of 4 on the field’s properties.

When you`re adding a field to a report it`s actually pulling the full information for that field and this is why you see the full date and time.  To get rid of the time open the report from the report designer and click once on the field you want to change. Click the arrow just above the field to get into the properties and make the changes where it says Format String. Save the report and you should be set.

Hope that helps,

Need more help? Ask us about Method consulting services.

Valbon Shabani
    Director of Education
    Method Integration Inc.
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238 ext. 715
    Local and overseas: 416.847.0400 ext. 715
    Fax: 416.640.6027
    E-mail: valbon@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)