Method Community

Field Service Application Tab

Last post 12-07-2010 11:04 AM by Anonymous. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-30-2010 6:26 AM

Field Service Application Tab

The "Field Service"  tab has somehow been removed from the admin screen. All links are still in place. Can view tabs in Field service role only.  I did not do any editing in the customization view.   Any thoughts?

BB

William A. Beaullieu
  • 12-01-2010 11:11 PM In reply to

Re: Field Service Application Tab

Hi William,

Kindly go to customize -> Tab Groups / Roles -> click on "Edit..." for the Admin role, and confirm on the first step that you (the admin user) are selected.

Regards,
    Denis

• 12-02-2010 10:07 AM In reply to

I am selected under the login stephen.  That is the only user.

William A. Beaullieu
  • 12-02-2010 2:14 PM In reply to

Hi William,

Could you kindly provide me (through my email) with your direct email address, company account name, and also enable the MethodSuppoort user under customize -> users. This will give us the opportunity to go in and have a look.

Regards,
    Denis

• 12-07-2010 11:04 AM In reply to

Answer

Hi William,

Thank you for reaching out to us with your contact info. I've gone ahead and added the FieldServices tab to your Admin user role. 

To briefly explain, when you install Field Services, you have the option to either add the Field Services Tab to the "Admin" role, or you can create a new role called "Field Services" which you select from the drop-down menu on your right. The reason why you were not seeing the Field Services tab was because it wasn't added to the Admin user role, which I've done just now. 

If you go to customize -> Tab Groups / Roles you will see a table in which the roles are listed, as well as the corresponding tabs those roles are allowed to see which you can modify at any time by clicking "Edit...".

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Denis 

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)