Method Community

Sales Tax Groups

Last post 01-05-2011 1:29 PM by handcrafted. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-29-2010 3:10 PM

Sales Tax Groups

Hi method,

I was creating an estimate today and noticed that the default tax choice is sales tax item. The problem with that is we have multiple tax items in Texas for each customer, so we have to create what are called Sales Tax Groups in Quickbooks.

So, I was wanting to customize the estimate screen so that the Sales Tax Group is visible rather than the Sales Tax Item.

Question is this: I see that there is a table already setup in Method called ItemSalesTaxGroup. Is that the table that syncs with quickbooks Sales Tax Groups? If so, how do I get it to show up as one of my field choices in the Screen customization for Estimates so I can drag and drop it into the screen?

Many thanks!Drinks

Bryan Hand
    Owner
    Hand Crafted Pool Care, Inc.
  • 12-29-2010 3:45 PM In reply to

Re: Sales Tax Groups

Ok, I think I may have partially figured this out.

I went into the Estimate Table and created a new Field called SalesTaxGroup and chose drop down as the field type. I then chose "Choose from existing table from the drop down wizard". I then chose Itemsalestaxgroup as the existing table to choose from. Step 3, then only choice I had was recordID, so I chose that.

Now when I goto the estimate customization sreen my new field is available. So, I dragged it onto the estimate screen.

When I did a test estimate, I had drop down choices, however, they were 4 digit numbers rather than the descriptions I had set up in Quickbooks. Example : Arlington Tax Group in Quickbooks showed up as 1158 in my drop down list in the Method Estimate screen. It looks like the calculations are correct, but the descriptions did not get brought over.

Can you help me figure out how to get the decriptions over from Quickbooks?

Thanks

Bryan Hand
    Owner
  • 12-29-2010 4:11 PM In reply to

OK, lets start over. Surprise

I just tested again and the dropdown list of numbers I have in Method is not from my sales tax groups in QB. So, I am back to square one. Sad

I noticed something interesting though. All of my sales tax groups were brought over in the sync. If I look under items, all of my Sales Tax groups are there. However, when I go to add a new customer and get to the additional info section where I want to choose the Sales Tax Item for that particular customer, only my sales tax items from Quickbooks are there, not my Sales tax Groups. Furthermore, all of my existing customers that were synced with QB have the Sales Tax Group showing under the Sales Tax item, which is odd since they are not choices when I create a new customer.

Sorry for all of the confusion, hopefully I am making sense.

Basically, I just want to be able to choose from a list of Sales Tax Groups, not Sales Tax Items when I am setting up a new customer or creating an estimate.

Thank You.Zip it!

Bryan Hand
    Owner
  • 12-30-2010 12:17 PM In reply to

Hi handcrafted,

I will look into this and get back to you with a response shortly.

Regards,
    Denis

• 01-04-2011 4:33 PM In reply to

Answer

Hi handcrafted,

Our greasemonkeys have gone into the shop and have made changes to Method. You will now see a 'Sales Tax Group' category under Home -> Items -> New... You will also be able to filter by this category in the list of items under Estimates. This means you may have to regenerate your custom estimate screen to display the new changes, but this should now work for all screens.

Regards,
    Denis

• 01-05-2011 9:04 AM In reply to

Hi Denis,

Outstanding work! It works like a charm!

Thank You!

Bryan Hand
    Owner
  • 01-05-2011 9:13 AM In reply to

Denis,

I just noticed that the sales tax groups show up now in the "Tax Item" drop down on the Estimates Screen under Customer List, however, in the Estimate screen under the Field Service Center, the drop down for Tax Item does not show the Sales Tax Groups.

Can you have them update that screen as well?

Thanks

Bryan Hand
    Owner
  • 01-05-2011 12:19 PM In reply to

Hi Handcrafted,

Have another look, it should work now. Smile

Cheers,
    Denis

• 01-05-2011 1:29 PM In reply to

Hi Denis,

I just checked it and I still dont see the sales tax groups in the drop down list for Tax Item in the FieldService_Estimate screen.

I even tried deleting the screen from the tab links and then adding it back in along with logging out of my account and back in, but still the same.

Am I missing a step?

Bryan Hand
    Owner
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)