Method Community

General Questions

Last post 01-06-2011 12:22 PM by Anonymous. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-04-2011 10:59 AM

• salson
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-06-2010
    • Posts 5

General Questions

1) Can you do searches by information in the memo field? For instance, if I want to do a search for a specific, PO#, item number or item description across all estimates can I do this?

2) I noticed that some of the details of the memo section are not available in Method. For instance, often times in the Memo field we will put the customers email address at that bottom.

3) Can you export to excelm from Method?

• 01-05-2011 9:44 AM In reply to

Re: General Questions

Hi Salson,

Let me look into how this can be done and I will get back to you with an update shortly.

Regards,
    Denis

• 01-06-2011 11:24 AM In reply to

Answer

Hi Salson,

The short answer to your question of making memo fields searchable is that it isn't currently supported in Method. What you can do however, is build a table and add a custom field "memo" that and use the filter the contents to simulate the search feature.Down the road we will definitely be looking into extending Method with this functionality, however do not have a time frame for this.

In general, it is best practise to use the 'memo field' as an "additional notes" field, and store key data such as PO #'s in separate custom fields, so that you can use that data operationally.

Also, regarding exporting to excel from Method, if you go to the Customize tab -> Integration Tools, you will find an Import/Export tool that allows you to export all data from any table to an Excel spreadsheet, and conversely, import such spreadsheets (provided they are formatted correctly) back into Method.

Hope this helps,
    Denis

• 01-06-2011 12:22 PM In reply to

Just to clarify on how you you would use the filter along with Method: Let's say you want to search the memos on the invoice screen, you can edit the InvoiceList grid and add a "memo" field to the list of existing columns, and select "hidden when screen first loads" under advanced options. Publish the screen, and select the memo column to show using the "gear" icon in the Invoices Grid. You will now be able to use the filter to search the contents of all your memos in the Invoices screen. You can do this with every screen you use. Smile

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)