Method Community

Online account access for customers

Last post 02-24-2009 11:52 AM by Anonymous. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-24-2009 11:52 AM

Online account access for customers

The following message was emailed directly to us.  I'm going to post it and reply to it here on the forum so others in the Method Community can benefit from it.

A user submitted the following:
    "I’m trying to use method but I could not figure out how my customers can access their account (invoices etc) online."

I believe you are referring to the Customer Portal in the CRM Edition of Method.  The Customer Portal is where customers can go to view their account details, such as invoices, recent transactions and update their personal information, such as their email address, physical address and telephone number.  There is a Customer Portal tab, but that is really for design purposes.  The true way that customers would access the Customer Portal is via a portal that you open for them on your website.  Follow the instructions under the Customize tab for help on how to do this.  To get there, go to Customize > Third Party Portal and follow the instructions under 'What is a Third Party Portal?'

To catch a glimpse of what a customer would see, you could go to the Edit an existing Third Party Portal section on the same page and click Show HTML.  Doing so will bring up a pop-up wizard.  Click the Show Test Page link to see a working sample of the Customer Portal.  

Hint: You can either use a sample customer or an existing customer when viewing the test page, but whoever you use will need to have an email address on file already.  Once you have the email address on file, you can either Register on the test page, or you can create a Portal UserName and Portal Password for them in the Customer Center > Customer List under the Additional Info section.  If you use an existing customer, be sure back into the Customer Center to delete the Portal UserName and Portal Password you created for the customer.  After all, what if they want to create their own in the future?  Big Smile

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)