Method Community

Question from a user on "hosted environment" with Terminal Services

Last post 03-03-2009 4:18 PM by Method_Paul. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-03-2009 4:18 PM

Question from a user on "hosted environment" with Terminal Services

We received an email from a user yesterday that I thought might be a common question.  After checking with them, they were only too happy to have their question and answer posted, so here it is:

Question:

Question about the application that would run on our system.  Is it able to be run on a terminal server?  We have moved away from running QB on our desktops and are now running it on a “hosted environment”.  Please note it is my server not from another company such as Inacct.

Answer: 

In terms of Terminal Server, yes, Method works fine in that environment.  So let me explain the process:
    1. You install the Method Integration Engine on your server and connect a QuickBooks file with a Method account.
    2. This will push all the QuickBooks data up to the Method server.
    3. You can now keep the Terminal Server connection open or closed, it does not matter.  But if it is closed, changes won’t be synced until next time it is opened.
    4. Meanwhile you or your clients can use Method in a web browser to view, add and edit QuickBooks data.  You can have many users all using Method on the web browser all writing and reading QuickBooks data.
    5. Once QuickBooks is opened again on a Terminal Server connection, it will “wake up” the Method Integration Engine, which will in turn sync everything entered from all the client(s) back into QuickBooks.

Paul

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)