Method Community

1) sorting invoice grid by invoice# and 2) missing transactions?

Last post 01-28-2011 4:27 PM by Andy K. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-25-2011 3:41 PM

1) sorting invoice grid by invoice# and 2) missing transactions?

Hello.  I am posting this on behalf of a new joinee to Method! Smile

Can you take a look at the attached screen shots? In the first one, the list of invoices along the left are out of order. how do I sort by invoice number? In the second attachment, it shows that I only have 8 bills even with the filter on “All Bills”. Let me know if I’m overlooking something here or if the sync is just off somehow.

1) what you need to do is go to Customize->Screens, and copy the invoice screen.  Next, find your copy in the list of screens, and click to edit it.  Find the Grid Object called "InvoiceList" and click to edit it.  Click Next until you reach step 4.  Set it to sort first by RefNumber.

2) for this issue, its possible that you are currently only set to maintain a limited transaction history.  Go to the Quickbooks tab.  Under the "Synchronize" tablink, scroll down to the settings for Transaction history.  Do your "missing bills" fall outside of the history range?  You can also click on "Show options per transaction type" to see the settings specific to Bills.

Please try that out and let us know how it goes.  Thanks!

Wayne Barbaza
    Account Manager
    Method Integration
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238 ext. 728
    Fax: 416.640.6027
    E-mail: w.barbaza@methodintegration.com
  • 01-28-2011 1:59 PM In reply to

Re: 1) sorting invoice grid by invoice# and 2) missing transactions?

For the first question above, is the only way to edit a screen to copy it first? If I make a copy and point all new links to the copied version, what happens if I decide to go back to using the default invoice screen? How do I get all links to point back there?

• 01-28-2011 2:06 PM In reply to

I've gone in and filtered first by invoice due date. However, when I go back to vendor center -> bills, it starts on December 2010 and starts working backwards, which is fine. But all my January 2011 vendor invoices are put at the end instead of before the December 2010 invoices. What am I overlooking when I customized?

• 01-28-2011 2:27 PM In reply to

Andy,

Andy K:

For the first question above, is the only way to edit a screen to copy it first? If I make a copy and point all new links to the copied version, what happens if I decide to go back to using the default invoice screen? How do I get all links to point back there?

It is not possible to edit the original screens in Method you have to make a copy of the screen first. When making a copy of a screen using the "Replace links to an existing screen" option there is no way to go back and change all the existing links back to the original screen unless you make copies of all the existing screens and change it manually (Which I believe defeats the purpose of what you are trying to do)

Andy K:

I've gone in and filtered first by invoice due date. However, when I go back to vendor center -> bills, it starts on December 2010 and starts working backwards, which is fine. But all my January 2011 vendor invoices are put at the end instead of before the December 2010 invoices. What am I overlooking when I customized?

Did you edit the actual grid and change the sorting order in step 4 of the grid wizard or did you just click on the grid header on the screen itself?

-Michael 

Michael Melo
    Product Manager
    Method Integration Inc.
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/MichaelMelo
  • 01-28-2011 4:27 PM In reply to

Thanks Michael. I just had my terminology mixed up. I was following the directions above to edit invoices when I wanted to edit bills. Works now.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)