Method Community

Publish & Scroll Delays

Last post 01-30-2011 3:43 PM by Method_Paul. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-30-2011 3:40 PM

• Geekoid
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-02-2010
    • Phoenix, AZ
    • Posts 420

Publish & Scroll Delays

I'd like to know if this is normal or not. It takes about 10-15 seconds average to wait for a Publish to finish. Also, if I'm editing an Action in a Grid, there could be a delay when I try to scroll down the list of actions. It's only probably a one-second delay, but it can be frustrating. Sometimes there's a delay when I start typing a caption or field name. Does anyone have recommendations on how to fix this? I'm using Firefox 3.6.13. Should I be clearing out my cache and browswer history? If so, how often? Should all other tabs be closed? Any info on how to boost the performance of this would be appreciated...unless this is normal. Thanks!

Brett
    Go Get Geek!

• 01-30-2011 3:43 PM In reply to

Re: Publish & Scroll Delays

Answer

Brett - 10 to 15 seconds is normal for a publish. It has to do a lot of work behind the scenes to create a webpage.

Delay - I have this from time to time on my FireFox.  It's a FireFox thing.  I personally like using FireFox for Method when I'm using the finished product.......but when I design screens I strictly use IE8.  It is smoother for designing screens than Firefox, and there isn't that delay.

Paul

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)