Method Community

Couple questions about reports

Last post 02-01-2011 4:28 PM by Method_Michael. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-01-2011 2:20 PM

Couple questions about reports

I'm trying to figure out a couple things regarding accessing Quickbooks reports from Method.

1. How do I generate an ad hoc report from Method, similar to what can be done with QB Pro, without going through scheduled reports? For example if I want to take a look at a quick YTD P&L.

2. Is there a way for us to allow managers to create their own scheduled and ad hoc reports for the departments they are responsible for? For example, if I want a sales manager to be able to create his or her own sales reports relevant to their department only (no company & financial, employee & payroll, banking, etc.). Or is the only way for me, as the administrator, to take requests and generate scheduled and ad hoc reports at the request of managers and department heads?

Thanks.

• 02-01-2011 2:30 PM In reply to

Re: Couple questions about reports

Okay, I think I figured out number 1. Just select once only on number 6 when doing scheduled reports and make the run date the current date? If there's a quicker way, please let me know.

• 02-01-2011 4:28 PM In reply to

Re: Couple questions about reports

Answer

Andy K,

Currently there is no way to restrict what kind of Scheduled Reports a user can create. They either have full access to creating Scheduled Reports or no access. If the user requires the same report every week you can just have the scheduled report be generated every week for that user. The alternative is to create a report in Method using Method Report Designer. Reports created through Method itself are more customizable but will only reflect the information that is in Method which means the reports will only report on the Transaction History you have in Method be it 7 days , 14 days, 31 days, etc.... For help on creating Method reports I would suggest watching the Method Webinars.

-Michael 

Michael Melo
    Product Manager
    Method Integration Inc.
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/MichaelMelo
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)