Method Community

Contacts Portal_ Receive Payment

Last post 02-11-2011 1:31 PM by Method_Paul. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-09-2011 10:13 PM

Contacts Portal_ Receive Payment

Can you look into a bug for me?  It appears that when I click to view the "ContactsPortal_ReceivePayment" screen, it shows up for 2 seconds and then switches to the "ContactsPortal_Home" screen.

I have tried to view the receive payments screen under every tab it's available and still the same thing. I also have tried to view it while signed in to the 3rd party portal and have the same result.

Thanks,

Matt

• 02-10-2011 5:38 AM In reply to

Re: Contacts Portal_ Receive Payment

Matt -

That screen is designed specifically to be used in the Contacts_Portal, and only when someone clicks "Pay Selected", "Pay Now" or "Pay Balance".

Those buttons pass special information to the ContactsPortal_ ReceivePayment screen that it needs in order to function correctly.  So if those values aren't present when the screen loads, it automatically goes back to the home tab.

When you say you are using it through the portal, what exactly is your process?

Paul

• 02-10-2011 3:17 PM In reply to

Paul thanks,

I understand that it is used specifically for the contacts portal. that is where I am attempting to use it. however, I haven't made any changes to the Receive Payment Screen. the switch back to the home page happens whenever I click on any tab link or button that is supposed to view or redirect to the receive payment screen.

Example: click "Customize" tab>> "Screens" tab link>> "view ContactsPortal_ReceivePayment"

Result: the payment screen shows for 3 seconds and then redirects back to the ContactsPortal_Home screen

Also: when a customer logs in through the contacts portal, via internet, and clicks on any of the payment buttons or payment tab link, the result is the same.

maybe that helps identify where the problem may be.

thanks, Matt

• 02-11-2011 1:31 PM In reply to

Answer

Matt -

The way the ContactsPortal_ReceivePayment screen works is it is opened from another screen which writes SharedResults first.  When the ContactsPortal_ReceivePayment opens it looks for those SharedResults and if it doesn't find them, it bails and goes to ContactsPortal_Home as a reset. 

It's more complicated a screen design than a normal screen because we want to show as little as possible to the end customer to make it easy for them.  We don't want them picking their name from a customer list, for example!  So we have to design the screen to have absolute minimal information, and as such relay on everything else to get passed to it from another screen.

So it makes sense that "click "Customize" tab>> "Screens" tab link>> "view ContactsPortal_ReceivePayment" would cause this behavior.

But from the portal it shouldn't happen, that is, it shouldn't happen if you are using the original screens.  If you put a "Payment Tab Link" in, then yes it will happen.  But if you are using the original, orange "Pay" buttons it should work fine.

Do you get this if you log into the Contacts_Portal as a test customer, and click an orange Pay button from the original ContactsPortal_Home screen?

Paul

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)