Method Community

iPad and Safari

Last post 03-16-2011 1:20 PM by LaCrews. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-16-2011 9:25 AM

iPad and Safari

• 03-16-2011 9:36 AM In reply to

Re: iPad and Safari

It doesn't appear that your forum works with IE9 unless in compatibility mode.  How long are we going to hear that we need to run in compatibility mode?! 

Anyway, IE9 wouldn't let me enter my original question.  We're planning on buying iPads for our sales team.  But does Method work in Safari on iPad?

• 03-16-2011 11:47 AM In reply to

pdirect - I'm using IE9 to respond to this, with compatibility mode turned off on my browser. So if this works, it will show that the forum is IE9 compatible, at least in my case.  IE9 is brand new, so some flavors may still have some quirks.  I appreciate you bringing it to our attention.  Are you on a 32 bit machine, or 64 bit?

In terms of Safari.  The reason we aren't currently compatible is a problem with one of our third party components that has taken us forever to upgrade.  We aren't pleased about it either, believe me.

The good news is that the same update that brings the updated report designer and HTML editor is also designed for Chrome, Safari and IE8/9 non-compatiblity mode.  We had actually hoped to role this out in the first week of March, but we're still working out the final kinks.  We're only days away from this actually happening, though.  We have not tried it on an iPad, but can confirm the new version is made for webkit browsers which the iPad uses.

Paul

• 03-16-2011 12:13 PM In reply to

I'm using 64-bit IE9.  It let me type the text in this box, but when I would submit the post, the text would disappear. 

And the update you're referring to will not apply to the actual Method website that your customers use . . . correct? I need to be able to say if Method will or will not work in Safari at this time (or after the update you mentioned). 

• 03-16-2011 12:28 PM In reply to

pdirect - the plot thickens.  IE9 64-bit was what I was testing on too.  We'll have to see if we can duplicate the issue, but so far we can't, as the forum seems to work fine on the versions of IE9 we have here.

The update I mention applies to Method (the app that you sign into every day).  This update is designed to let you sign into your Method account on a Safari browser - so yes, I believe what you are looking for will be possible very shortly.

Paul

• 03-16-2011 1:20 PM In reply to

Paul

This is great news! Big Smile I've been talking to several people about the possiblity of using an iPad(s) and method.  Here are a couple of examples I've thought of:

• While a sales clerk is walking around helping a client in a retail store they could be creating a sales receipt, checking inventory, etc. This is similar to how Apple uses iPads in its own retail stores. I can even see how the new iPads could be used as a bar code scanner as well.  I guess this could be called mobile point of sale.
    • A warehouse worker could use it to locate and pull items for an order.
    • A waiter/waitress could take an order, send it to the kitchen, and recieve a payment.  If you combine that with power of the CRM,  you might even know the last time the customer ate there or if this is there first visit.  The resturant owner could even be in another location getting instant financial feedback.

The possibilities are endless.

Mark Crews
    Cloud Consultancy
    Principal and Developer

• 2012 MethodCRM Partner of the Year

• 2012 MethodCRM Community Excellence Award

• 2011 MethodCRM Community Excellence Award

Visit our website to find out about our training, support, and customization services.
    blog: cloudconsultancyllc.com/blog/
    ph: 434.326.1601
    e: support@cloudconsultancyllc.com

What is Method?
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)