Method Community

Exporting a Mailing List

Last post 04-25-2011 8:38 AM by Method_Michael. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-23-2010 3:06 AM

Exporting a Mailing List

Hi Guys

We've been trying to export a mailing list from Method using the List Builder.

I'm trying to include all clients plus prospects.

I've run the list builder routine but just get the "timer circle of death" and when I try to export I simply get one meaningless record.

Please can you outline how I can create an export list with

firstname

lastname

Position

company

eMail

Telephone

------------

Listbuilder really isn't doing the trick.

Many thanks

Havefun

Mike

Mike Fieldhouse
    RealityHouse

www.realityhouse.co.uk
    twitter.com/realityhouse
  • 09-23-2010 10:49 AM In reply to

Re: Exporting a Mailing List

Answer

Hello Mike,

I tried running the List Builder and it worked pretty quickly. Do you have a lot of Customers that it needs to loop through? Before you go to 'Fill List With...' tab section, go to 'Current List' and remove all records that are listed so the grid is empty and ready to be filled. Then you go to 'Fill List With..' and select your criteria. Once this is done you should be able to see all the Customers that match the criteria listed under 'Current List'.

I'm guessing the fields you outlined are on the Customer table, if they are then that's great. You'll need to go into the List Builder table and add those fields in there as well. Once that's completed you can then edit the List Builder screen. You may want to edit the grid under the 'Current List' tab section to show fields you are interested in and you can remove the ones that are not relevant. Next, you would want to edit the 'Fill with Customers' button, so that the new fields in the List Builder gets the values from the equivalent Customer table fields. Hint: you're looking for the 'Insert Records into Table' action ;)

Hope this helps, keep me posted.

• 09-23-2010 11:13 AM In reply to

Answer

Mike,

Just want to add; a simple alternative if you are just looking to export a list would be to use the Import/Export tool. You can find this under Customize > Integration Tools. If you haven't used this tool before, you can view webinar 28, by using the following link: http://www.methodintegration.com/cs/blogs/methodblog/pages/Method-Community-Webinars.aspx

Cheers,

• 09-25-2010 11:47 AM In reply to

Hi Amanda

Still having major problems with List Builder - it times out - I log back in and the list shows but the excel export is not very helpful. As for editing Listbuilder - needs someone more talented than me to work that one out.

BUT the export route using Integration tools (plus some tweaking in Excel) did the trick.

Many thanks

Havefun

Mike

Mike Fieldhouse
    RealityHouse

www.realityhouse.co.uk
    twitter.com/realityhouse
  • 12-15-2010 12:27 AM In reply to

Anonymous:

Just want to add; a simple alternative if you are just looking to export a list would be to use the Import/Export tool. You can find this under Customize > Integration Tools. If you haven't used this tool before, you can view webinar 28, by using the following link: http://www.methodintegration.com/cs/blogs/methodblog/pages/Method-Community-Webinars.aspx

Hi!  Just want to ask who has access to the "customize" menu?  I don't see it anywhere, but maybe I don't have the requisite user rights...

• 12-15-2010 8:14 AM In reply to

Answer

Hello apn_rene,

You are correct. In order for you to see the "customize" tab, it must be enabled by the account administrator. If your role does not permit you to see that tab, your administrator has disabled it.

Regards,
    Denis

• 04-22-2011 1:40 PM In reply to

I'm working on the same type of target - in my case, I want to create a list of Customers + Lead-onlys with a ShipTo zip code between 06052 and 06152.

+ My Current List view has been customized to show the fields I typically need to filter or sort by.

+ My Current List is currently empty of records.

Am I supposed to go to the 2nd tab ("Fill List With...") as the first step of the process, and fill the List with all of my records? And then proceed to Tab #1 ("Current List") and apply a "greater than" filter to my ShipToZip column/field? 

Is there a way to create a filter statement that includes the bottom and top of the range - that is, a "greater than" and a "less than" filter in statement?

• 04-25-2011 8:38 AM In reply to

Hi TogsTeam,

TogsTeam:
    Am I supposed to go to the 2nd tab ("Fill List With...") as the first step of the process, and fill the List with all of my records? And then proceed to Tab #1 ("Current List") and apply a "greater than" filter to my ShipToZip column/field? 

This is correct.

TogsTeam:
    Is there a way to create a filter statement that includes the bottom and top of the range - that is, a "greater than" and a "less than" filter in statement?

The is no header filter that allow you to apply a range to filter by but you can customize the Fill with Customers button to only fill the list with a range of customer zip codes similar to how Fill with Invoices filters for a range of invoice dates.

-Michael

Michael Melo
    Product Manager
    Method Integration Inc.
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/MichaelMelo
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)