Method Community

Make table pop up when slecting from a drop down

Last post 06-28-2011 3:13 PM by Method_Valbon. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-28-2011 1:45 PM

Make table pop up when slecting from a drop down

So I am new to the customization part of method and my boss and I have spent a long time trying to figure out how to make a table come up once selecting an item from a drop down.

We have created a drop down of a list with the machines we service, what we want to happen is by selecting one of them from the list below will bring up a table with the items specific to each type of  machine that can be check boxes and text fields.   So we have about 10 different types of machines and we want to be able to have a different service acceptance sheet for each type to pop up depending on which type of machine is selected.

Anyone able to help us out?

• 06-28-2011 3:13 PM In reply to

Re: Make table pop up when slecting from a drop down

Answer

Hi there,

Sounds like you want to create a different looking version of the same screen to correspond with each of your machine types. Definitely possible and can be done several ways.

When the user selects a machine from the dropdown have the screen show up as a pop up screen. It might be possible to re-use the same screen but just show or hide certain fields or objects depending on what machine (or type of machine) is selected. Edit the dropdown so that when text is changed you take advantage of the ‘Show Screen In Pop Up’ action.

Then you can even create reports (slick PDFs) that can be tailored to print, view, physically sign a paper copy or email if needed.

I would also recommend you watch at our Community Webinars for help with customization. There are lots of videos grouped into various sections for your needs.

Need more help? Ask us about Method consulting services.

Valbon Shabani
    Director of Education
    Method Integration Inc.
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238 ext. 715
    Local and overseas: 416.847.0400 ext. 715
    Fax: 416.640.6027
    E-mail: valbon@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)