Method Community

How to copy customer information?

Last post 07-07-2011 8:54 AM by Method_Michael. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-06-2011 6:59 PM

How to copy customer information?

I'm new to Method and can't seem to figure out how to copy the information (such as address, contact, etc) from an existing customer to a new customer.  I am trying to create new jobs for a customer and all of the contact information is the same, so I don't want to re-enter it.

• 07-06-2011 8:51 PM In reply to

Re: How to copy customer information?

Hi Debbie 

This task is not difficult but a bit laborious.  You'll need to add a new button to your customer list screen that first copies all of the individual field values to individual variables (action or shared results) then you'll need to clear the screen for a new entry then enter all of the field values back onto the screen except for customer name then in the "Job of" field enter the customer's Full Name from the stored value.  At this point you can type in your new job name in the customer name field and save the record.

Mark Crews
    Cloud Consultancy
    Principal and Developer

• 2012 MethodCRM Partner of the Year

• 2012 MethodCRM Community Excellence Award

• 2011 MethodCRM Community Excellence Award

Visit our website to find out about our training, support, and customization services.
    blog: cloudconsultancyllc.com/blog/
    ph: 434.326.1601
    e: support@cloudconsultancyllc.com

What is Method?
  • 07-07-2011 8:54 AM In reply to

Re: How to copy customer information?

Answer

Debbie,

Another option is to take a look at the actions used on the Standard Invoice screen when selecting a customer and apply those same types of actions to the Job of drop down.

-Michael

Michael Melo
    Product Manager
    Method Integration Inc.
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/MichaelMelo
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)