Method Community

Customized contacts portal - transaction grid links

Last post 06-05-2012 6:19 PM by AutumnW. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-01-2012 5:35 PM

Customized contacts portal - transaction grid links

Hi there -

I customized my contacts portal with an extra grid to show estimates only and removed them from the other transactions grid. When I log in the Home page opens and everything looks great.

Within the grids, actions are set on Go To... links to take you to the Contacts Portal>Recent Transactions tab link. This customized screen has a Back button that takes you back Home. Fine.

But - when I try to select another transaction link, nothing happens except my profile info disappears. 

I know the issue isn't with the links themselves, because they all worked the first time they were clicked (multiple txns).

What action(s) could be missing from when the first time I log in and select a transaction to when I go back and try to select one?

• 06-04-2012 12:13 PM In reply to

Re: Customized contacts portal - transaction grid links

Answer

AutumnW:
    But - when I try to select another transaction link, nothing happens except my profile info disappears.

I just setup a Portal with a similar customization and I didn't notice anything strange when linking around.  How are your Go To links coded?  Are you using Go To Tab Link or Go To Screen?  

AutumnW:
    What action(s) could be missing from when the first time I log in and select a transaction to when I go back and try to select one?

I'm not sure what you're missing - I would have a look at the customized action on your back button as it seems like something is going wrong here.  Maybe this button has a Go To Screen instead of a Go To Tab Link?

~C 

• 06-05-2012 4:54 PM In reply to

My Portal screens, including "Back" button actions were copied  from another account and are identically set up. However, the portal for the account I copied from isn't having any issues and I can't remember experiencing this just last week when I was testing, but focusing on other issues.

Each "Back to Home" link has 2 actions:

1. Assign Value to Action Result (selects Value from Session > Portal - User Record ID)

2. Go To Screen (has the specified Active Record ID from Action Result above)

In your response, it seems like using a Go To Tab Link is a better option, but I tried changing action #2 to Go To Tab Link, but it produced the same results. Also, it makes no sense that these actions work in another portal.

Any ideas on how to fix it without having to start my customization over?

• 06-05-2012 6:19 PM In reply to

I figured out my problem. The Go To Screen action is ok to use - as long as it's used consistently.

I found that I was using the Go To Screen action on my Buttons, but using Go To Tab Link on my Go To links.

Now that I've made them all Go To Screens - it's working like a charm.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)