Method Community

Documents Module

Last post 06-23-2009 12:04 PM by Anonymous. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-22-2009 12:27 PM

• jallen
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-10-2009
    • Atlanta, GA
    • Posts 49

Documents Module

My documents come and go.  I'm able to load my document with issue, but when I leave the screen and come back (it may be the second or third time) to document icon is there but not document.   

• 06-23-2009 8:36 AM In reply to

Re: Documents Module

Hi John,

Once you add a field with attachment type to the table and then go to the customize screen you'll see 2 fields that can be added to the screen; example, Attach and Attach File Name.  In your case please remove the 'File Name' one from the screen.  Once this is done then try to add a document and it should work.  Just a heads up for our next update, we will be removing the 'File Name' field from the list of available fields to be added to a screen. This way you and others wouldn't run into the same situation in the future :) 

• 06-23-2009 9:40 AM In reply to

• jallen
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-10-2009
    • Atlanta, GA
    • Posts 49

I did not add "File Name" to my screen.

• 06-23-2009 12:04 PM In reply to

Hi John,

What type of document did you attach?  If you provide us the table name and record ID where you attached the file we can take a look on our end to see if there is anything that can be causing this, provided you are fine with that.  I tried doing an attachment and it worked fine, so we need to do some investigation to see why it is not showing up all the time for you.  We will get to the bottom of this.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)