Method Community

Failed at Context=138

Last post 06-26-2009 3:51 PM by Anonymous. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-22-2009 6:06 PM

• jallen
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-10-2009
    • Atlanta, GA
    • Posts 49

Failed at Context=138

I am STILL not able to copy or create a new report in Disaster (Designer)!  I have attempted to create a new report from multiple tables without success.  There are some existing reports I can copy, but none from what I need - Estimates.  I've loaded Disaster on multiple machines and I get the same error: Failed at Context = 138.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!

• 06-23-2009 10:17 AM In reply to

Re: Failed at Context=138

Hey John,

What kind of report are you trying to make? What tables are you building the report off of? Once we get some information on what your trying to do, we can start working on it and give you some possible solutions. What is it your doing when you get this 138 message.

When trying to add a detailed table to your new table, are you selecting from the drop menu or are you typing it in manually?

• 06-23-2009 5:51 PM In reply to

• jallen
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-10-2009
    • Atlanta, GA
    • Posts 49

I am now getting more information from Designer.  "Failed at Context = 138.  The master table (Estimate) cannot make a relationship to a child table (EstimateLine) becuase the tables are joined by a field (JobNo) that does not contain unique values."  The JobNo is referrenced to the Customer table.  I have attempted to change the JobNo to a unique field, but it will not save it. 

By the way, (JobNo) is actually the RecordID.

• 06-26-2009 3:51 PM In reply to

Hey John,

Going by what you have explained, you have linked the RecordID from the Estimates table to the RecordID in the Customer table. This is where the error is since RecordID is required to have its own unique id. Remove the field that links these 2 screens and see what happens.

This should get you fixed up

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)