Method Community

Comments Under Activity Grid

Last post 06-29-2009 2:24 PM by jallen. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-26-2009 5:41 PM

• jallen
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-09-2009
    • Atlanta, GA
    • Posts 49

Comments Under Activity Grid

In the customer information screen I have an activity grid that show all activities for that customer.  Within the grid I have a comment link that retrieves the comment from the activity table and shows the comment under the grid.

When I select the comment link it shows it below, but it doesn't clear.  If I close and open another file/customer, I still see the last comment I selected. Even if I open a customer file with no activities associated with it.

Why is it not clearing out?

John

• 06-29-2009 8:27 AM In reply to

Re: Comments Under Activity Grid

Hey John,

We noticed this about a week ago and have added it to the update that was just pushed out yesterday. Let us know if you’re still seeing this.

• 06-29-2009 9:10 AM In reply to

Hey John,

I wanted to point out that if you have customized the customer list screen, you would not get the new updates that we have added to the screen. This wasn't a bug in the screen, just the way it was designed. If you want to have these changes on your screen, update the actions in the Save & New, Clear & New and on the Comment link. Add an action that will clear the comments section.

This will take care of the comments.

• 06-29-2009 11:24 AM In reply to

Hey John,

I just wanted to correct something I typed in the post. The buttons you need to fix are;

Save & Close

Clear & New

Go To..

I wrote that you need to add an action to the “Comment" link, but really it’s the "Go To.." link

Sorry for the confusion

• 06-29-2009 11:50 AM In reply to

• jallen
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-09-2009
    • Atlanta, GA
    • Posts 49

Ryan,

I added the action "Clear Screen For New Entry" on my Save and Close button: Save All, Clear Screen, then Close Popup (it's a popup screen), without success.  The comments remain even when I close the screen and reopen a different record.

• 06-29-2009 1:35 PM In reply to

Hey John,

The action "Clear screen for new entry" will not work because the section that your seeing the comments in is an Object. That action will clear all fields that you input information into.

You need to add an action that clears the object. Try using "Enter Value Into Field On Screen"

• 06-29-2009 2:24 PM In reply to

• jallen
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-09-2009
    • Atlanta, GA
    • Posts 49

I don't care what the rest of them say about you...

You're the MAN!  :)

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)