Method Community

Recieving items/entering bills against purchase orders

Last post 10-04-2011 3:22 PM by Method_Michael. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-04-2011 2:49 PM

Recieving items/entering bills against purchase orders

Hello all,

I'm working on customizing Method to match up with the processes we use in Quickbooks.One of these processes is recieving items and entering bills against purchase orders we submit to our vendors.

We are a drop shipping company, which means that we never actually "recieve" items, since they are shipped straight from the vendor to the customer. However, we still perform the process of recieving the items in Quickbooks so as to keep our inventory accurate. In Quickbooks, you can choose to recieve items and enter bills at the same time - in fact, in their "recieve items" window, there is a little checkbox for "Bill Recieved". Since both the item reciept and the bill are based on the same Purchase Order, there isn't any data in the bill that won't be in the reciept, so it makes sense to link the two together.

Now, Method has both a screen for "Bills" and for "Item Reciepts" - but does not seem to link the two together as Quickbooks does, ie with a "Bill Recieved" check box in the Item Reciepts screen. So I guess my questions are 1) Does this capability already exist somewhere hidden in Method, and 2) if not, any advice on how I would go about programming in that checkbox?

• 10-04-2011 3:22 PM In reply to

Re: Recieving items/entering bills against purchase orders

smohyee-

I will have to look into this further but I believe this is a limitation of the QuickBooks SDK. If it is limitation of the SDK you could probably get similar results through actions but it won't flow exactly like QB.

-Michael

Michael Melo
    Product Manager
    Method Integration Inc.
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/MichaelMelo
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)