Method Community

Accounts list not completely/properly uploaded to Method

Last post 10-07-2011 1:13 PM by Method_Michael. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-07-2011 12:36 PM

Accounts list not completely/properly uploaded to Method

That's not the only list either.. A quick scan through my method tables shows only a few hunder entries in things like the invoice or PO tables, though our QB files has thousands.

Also, I've noticed that our Accounts list only uploaded a few of the account names of the few accounts it uploaded.. the rest have apparently been assigned temporary names, ie "260000-1146687533 (temp)". So when I want to enter "shipping" as an expense line in the Bill screen, I can't find it, because instead that shipping account was assigned a temporary name.

I really like the ability to export all the data tables Method uploads from QB - it's more portability than QB ever offered! Problem is, if I can't get the all the information from QB uploaded properly to Method it won't do me any good.

A possibly relevant fact is that the computer with the method engine running does not have the Admin signed in to Quickbooks, but a regular employee with access restrictions (no payroll info, etc). I did, however, get admin permission for the third party software to work with QB.

• 10-07-2011 1:13 PM In reply to

Re: Accounts list not completely/properly uploaded to Method

smohyee-

I would make sure that the Transactions History is set to All to make sure all transactions come over (This is found under QuickBooks > Synchronize) and then I would try a Full Sync by going to Synchronize > Full Synchronization in the Method Integration engine (While logged in with an admin account)

smohyee:
    A possibly relevant fact is that the computer with the method engine running does not have the Admin signed in to QuickBooks, but a regular employee with access restrictions (no payroll info, etc.). I did, however, get admin permission for the third party software to work with QB.

The actual user logged in should have admin permissions as well. If you are still have transactions and lists not fully syncing over enable MethodSupport (Customize > Users) and email me your account name along with some examples of what is missing.

-Michael 

Michael Melo
    Product Manager
    Method Integration Inc.
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/MichaelMelo
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)