Method Community

Vendor Portal Tabs and Tab Links

Last post 10-24-2011 12:38 PM by Method_Valbon. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-24-2011 11:17 AM

Vendor Portal Tabs and Tab Links

Created a tab under the Opportunities Tab.  I also created a role just for that vendor.  I have a portal for that vendor that I assigned to the Opportunities tab.  Then I edited the roles for all the other tabs under opportunities and UNCHECKED their roles so they would only see the one tab under opportunities i created for them.  However, when I log in as them, I see ALL the tab links under opportunities instead of just the one where their role is checked.

Thoughts?

• 10-24-2011 12:38 PM In reply to

Re: Vendor Portal Tabs and Tab Links

Answer

Hi Shawn,

If I understand correctly, you created tab-links and modified the roles that can access them. The part that confuses me is when you mention the portal. Are the vendors logging in as Method Users (licensed user) or are they logging in as a portal users (non-licensed visitors)?

Method users are assigned to roles, in other words, the roles only work for the licensed users and can’t possibly have affect on the portal users.

Custom Method portals can be built from any tab within Method. I would be cautious here though because the default screens we designed are intended to work with Method users except for the ones clearly marked for portal use.

Need more help? Ask us about Method consulting services.

Valbon Shabani
    Director of Education
    Method Integration Inc.
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238 ext. 715
    Local and overseas: 416.847.0400 ext. 715
    Fax: 416.640.6027
    E-mail: valbon@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)