Method Community

multiple customer portal users under same customer

Last post 07-08-2009 5:47 PM by pholcer. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-03-2009 4:28 PM

• pholcer
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-08-2009
    • Northern Utah
    • Posts 139

multiple customer portal users under same customer

Our client will be giving access to the customer portal to his customer Alpha.

Customer Alpha will have somewhere between 5 and 20 users who will need separate logins but will be seeing the same customer data.

Do we need to build a separate login access table so method will allow access or is something already in place for this? Any guidance is appreciated on this if we have to build new table.

Thanks much for all your help!!

Phillip Holcer

help@myanchorsolutions.com
    www.myanchorsolutions.com
    Anchor Tax Plus LLC
    PO Box 266 Tremonton, UT 84337
    (435) 553-4TAX

• 07-06-2009 10:05 AM In reply to

Re: multiple customer portal users under same customer

Hey Phillip,

Currently users are able to create a username/password as long as they are in your Company File. Once they fill out the registration form it will send them an email with the login information. When they login, they will be able to see the tabs you have selected for the Customer Portal section. Currently the Customer Portal is setup for Customers.

If your looking for an Employee section, you may want to customize a screen to display what information you want your Employee's to see.

Hope this gets you the information your looking for.

• 07-06-2009 4:24 PM In reply to

Hi Phillip,

I believe I misunderstood your post.  I need to dig into this a little deeper in order to give you better direction, I’ll update you tomorrow.

• 07-07-2009 12:57 PM In reply to

• pholcer
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-08-2009
    • Northern Utah
    • Posts 139

Awesome. Thanks for your help! I'm thinking we may need an authentication table but that's as far as I've thought about it. I know it's coming though. :)

Phillip Holcer

Anchor Tax Plus LLC
    PO Box 266 Tremonton, UT 84337
    (435) 553-4TAX

• 07-08-2009 11:23 AM In reply to

Hey Phillip,

So I was able to create a screen that works for what you're looking to do. Start by looking at what fields are required to create a portal. Next create a table with those fields on it. At this point you would build a screen from this table and add in your login information for the users you want to have access. Having a grid on the screen will allow you to view users you have already entered into the table. When you are setting up your portal, point it to the table you have just created. Now when they try and login, the portal will look at this table to authenticate the users.

Things to think about are;

Figure out how you’re going to associate these users with the company information. This will require a filter of some kind.

Unless the users email is on the table you created, they will not be able to login.

Everyone’s email must be unique or they will not be able to login.

This should help you out

• 07-08-2009 5:47 PM In reply to

• pholcer
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-08-2009
    • Northern Utah
    • Posts 139

Sure looks like it! Thanks much!!

Phillip Holcer