Method Community

Conditional Formatting in Items Grid

Last post 06-20-2012 10:16 AM by Anonymous. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-19-2012 12:21 PM

Conditional Formatting in Items Grid

I'm working on customizing our Items List screen, to make it look and behave more like QuickBooks.

I'd like to have a distinction between parent items, and sub items (the same concept *could* follow through to customers/jobs as well). Ideally, I'd like to indent sub-items, like QuickBooks does. Alternatively, making the parent items appear in bold would suffice.

I haven't been able to find a way to do this. Is it even possible to control the formatting conditionally?

Thanks!

• 06-19-2012 1:21 PM In reply to

Re: Conditional Formatting in Items Grid

Answer

crosewood:
    I haven't been able to find a way to do this. Is it even possible to control the formatting conditionally?

Yes.  A SQL override would be able to help you to change the formatting on a grid.  On Step 2 when editing a grid you'll notice an advanced button, click that and you'll see the options for SQL Override.  This setting is definitely an advanced feature and requires some SQL knowledge (or technical background).

~C

• 06-20-2012 9:49 AM In reply to

Thanks. I'm fairly experienced with SQL, so I can probably retrieve the data. However, I don't know how to change formatting using SQL. Should I insert HTML (<b>) tags to do the formatting?

• 06-20-2012 10:16 AM In reply to

I'm not that experienced with SQL overrides for formatting but I do believe inserting <b> tags would bold those items for you.

~C

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)