Method Community

Failure of Actions to execute

Last post 11-21-2011 11:25 AM by Rolf. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-18-2011 4:52 PM

• Rolf
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-18-2011
    • Posts 109

Failure of Actions to execute

I've recently encountered a problem where I have a field that performs an action upon a text change.  This of course doesn't execute until the field loses focus If the new focus is on a button that should then run some actions (ie.  Save), or another field with an action requirement on focus, or even the enter key (which appears to execute a save and new function), then those subsequent actions never execute, and all I get is the yellow "Screen still loading.  Try again' message at the top of my screen.

My question is:

Could the subsequent action not be queued and wait for completion of the text-change actions, as I find the warning message quite easy to miss?

If not, is there a way to insert a beep into the warning message to make it more noticible,  or alternatively make it substantially larger?

As an aside, the same type of warning message is used in the 'Conditional Warning' action, which I use extensively, and again I'm wondering if there's a way I can add a beep and/or make the message larger and more noticible.

thanks for the help,

Rolf

• 11-21-2011 8:08 AM In reply to

Re: Failure of Actions to execute

Rolf-

Rolf:

Could the subsequent action not be queued and wait for completion of the text-change actions, as I find the warning message quite easy to miss?

If not, is there a way to insert a beep into the warning message to make it more noticible,  or alternatively make it substantially larger?

Currently it doesn't queue the actions and there is no way to change this. Right now you can't customize the warning that is displayed.

As far as pressing Enter calling Save & New you can change what actions Enter calls by clicking Advanced when customizing the screen and changing the drop down for 'Enter keyboard stroke calls:'

Rolf:
    As an aside, the same type of warning message is used in the 'Conditional Warning' action, which I use extensively, and again I'm wondering if there's a way I can add a beep and/or make the message larger and more noticible.

For conditional warnings you can put HTML in the message so you can customize it further and make the text larger. A quick example would be using <h1>. You could do something like <h1> Large Message </h1>. 

-Michael

Michael Melo
    Product Manager
    Method Integration Inc.
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/MichaelMelo
  • 11-21-2011 11:25 AM In reply to

• Rolf
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-18-2011
    • Posts 109

Re: Failure of Actions to execute

Answer

Thanks for the quick reply Michael.  I'll try your suggestions.

Rolf

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)