Method Community

Questions/Issues with Outlook Addin

Last post 08-17-2011 4:07 PM by Method_Victor. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-17-2011 3:38 PM

• m.mehr
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-01-2011
    • Henderson, NV
    • Posts 100

Questions/Issues with Outlook Addin

I have some questions/issues with Outlook addin:

1.  When starting Outlook, I get a dialog that appears to be looking for an update to the Method customization, I cannot figure out how to prevent that from happening.

2.  With regards to adding contacts to Method, is there anyway to know, from within Outlook, if a particular contact is already in Method?

3.  Once a contact is added to Method from Outlook, are any updates (either to Outlook or Method) synchronized?

4.  Once an appointment is added to Method from Outlook, are any updates (either to Outlook or Method) synchronized?

Thanks!
    Michael 

Michael J. Mehr, CPA.CITP
    michael@mehrcpa.com
  • 08-17-2011 4:07 PM In reply to

Re: Questions/Issues with Outlook Addin

Hi Michael

1. Unfortunately to my knowledge, there is no way to prevent this splash window from showing. Currently, since this add-in is in beta, you should be seeing this update window once every three days; However when this plug-in will go out of beta, you would see it once a month or less. 
    2. Unfortunately right now, in Outlook in "Add Contact" window, there is no way to know whether the contact was already added to Method or not. This however can be a great feature and I'll be sure to suggest feature to be implemented for the next major release of Outlook Add-in.
    3. Unfortunately, contact updates are not synchronized between Outlook and Method.
    4. You can easily synchronize appointment updates between Outlook and Method. In order to do that, just click "Synchronize" button. If you would like to synchronize updates only for specific appointments, you can select them and then click "Send Selected Appointments To Method" button. If you've modified appointment in Outlook, it will get updated in Method and similarly if you've modified appointment in Method, it will get updated in Outlook.
    Thank You
    Victor

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)