Method Community

How to Change Time Zone

Last post 08-28-2009 12:29 PM by Anonymous. 15 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-14-2009 3:00 AM

• Garry
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-12-2009
    • Posts 7

How to Change Time Zone

My calendar is showing my location as New Zealand (GMT +12:00). How do I change this to Australia (GMT +10:00)?

Thanks

Garry

• 07-14-2009 8:38 AM In reply to

Re: How to Change Time Zone

Hi Garry,

Can you please right click on the time in the system tray and select Adjust Date /Time and let me know what Time Zone is selected?  Method picks up the time from there, so once we know what it is set to then we can figure out how to change it.

• 07-14-2009 9:29 AM In reply to

• Garry
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-12-2009
    • Posts 7

Normal 0 false false false EN-AU X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:"Cambria Math"; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-1610611985 1107304683 0 0 159 0;} @font-face {font-family:Calibri; panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-1610611985 1073750139 0 0 159 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; margin:0cm; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman","serif"; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin;} .MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; mso-default-props:yes; font-size:10.0pt; mso-ansi-font-size:10.0pt; mso-bidi-font-size:10.0pt;} @page Section1 {size:612.0pt 792.0pt; margin:72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt; mso-header-margin:36.0pt; mso-footer-margin:36.0pt; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;}

Hi Amanda

Computer is set to time zone (GMT+10:00) Brisbane

Garry

• 07-14-2009 3:34 PM In reply to

Garry,

Thanks, I was able to replicate this on our end and we are looking into it.  I'll keep you posted.

• 07-15-2009 1:11 AM In reply to

• Gavin
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-20-2009
    • Posts 5

I also have a calendar issue - calendar is displaying correct location, but it is not displaying the correct times of work day as i have set in the edit screen page.  It currently displays 8am to 5pm.  I want it to display 7am to 6pm.  I have tried everything but nothing makes a difference and it is fundamental if i am to use the program.  Thanks for your help,

Gav

• 07-15-2009 8:18 AM In reply to

Hi Gav,

First make a copy of the screen then you'll need to edit the calendar and change the "Day start time" and "Day end time" to the times you prefer in step 1 of the calendar wizard.

• 07-17-2009 8:46 AM In reply to

Hi Garry, 

We have pushed out the update with a fix for the Time Zone difference you were experiencing. Brisbane doesn't accommodate for Daylight Savings Time, so that's why the calendar was off. Please uncheck the Daylight Savings option by going to Method under Customize > Display to Apply Daylight Savings Time, by default it is checked. Log out and refresh the login page in his browser and then log back in. We've done our best to look in all areas of the code where this may pop up, in case you notice it anywhere else please let us know and outline the scenario so we can update it for you.

• 07-18-2009 2:34 AM In reply to

• Garry
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-12-2009
    • Posts 7

Hi Amanda

Thank you for the tip, however, it will not allow me to uncheck the Daylight Saving option.

I have unchecked the box, save (save DST and Save Settings - individually and together) log-out and log back in and the Daylight Savings box remains checked.

• 07-18-2009 2:43 AM In reply to

• Garry
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-12-2009
    • Posts 7

Hi Amanda

Tried to uncheck the Daylight Saving box using both Firefox and IE8 - same result - cannot uncheck.

• 07-20-2009 4:59 PM In reply to

Hi Garry,

I was able to replicate what you experienced when I clicked the 'Save settings' button and we are currently looking into this. In the meanwhile, try clicking on only the 'Save DST' and see if that works.  I'll keep you posted.

• 07-22-2009 8:17 AM In reply to

Hi Garry,

We have updated the screen now to only have a "Save Settings" button. I just tested it by unchecking Apply Daylight Savings Time and it successfully updated the page once I logged out and logged back in.

• 08-14-2009 5:17 AM In reply to

im also experiencing problems updating the work hours on the calendar, it seems very odd as to what result is posted, its normally one hour each way different to what i set. , but i will double check this again to see if i have missed something.

• 08-14-2009 8:53 AM In reply to

Hi Ryan,

What time zone are you in? Take a look at the calendar preferences setting and make sure it is set up properly. If you are still experiencing a time difference let me know.

• 08-14-2009 9:48 AM In reply to

Hi Amanda, Im in London UK, I have set the calender "preference" to start at 6am, This actually shows in the calender itself as 7.30am (which is the time i wanted it to start, i just had to set it an hour and a half earlier to get there)

when trying to create a work order, it is telling me i have to specify a type, "recurring" tick box is left un-ticked because i dont want to make this job recurring, however - it wont let me go any further and tries to make me specify it as recurring, even when i try to do it this way i get an error, is it possible i am trying to use this function incorrectly?
    Thanks!

Ryan

• 08-14-2009 11:59 AM In reply to

Hi Ryan,

I'll first start with creating work orders. If you are not creating recurring work orders then there is no need to click on "Edit/ View Recurring Dates".
    In the event that you want to create recurring work orders then you would just follow the steps after clicking on "Edit/ View Recurring Dates", then checking the Recurring box in the Edit Recurring screen and following the steps after that. We do have documentation on Field Services that you can go through if you like http://www.methodintegration.com/web/self-service-documentation.aspx
    With regards to the time difference in your calendar, I'm looking into it. I changed my time zone to GMT London and mine was off by 1 hour. I'll keep you posted on this.  Also please let me know if you have (Daylight Savings Time) DST checked.
    I am not able to replicate the error when doing a work order, have you done any customization to the FieldService_AddEditWorkOrder or FieldService_Calendar screens? Please outline the steps you took in filling out a work order so I can try to replicate on my end.

p.s I like the display picture ;)

Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1 2 Next >