Method Community

Quickbooks Integration Fails

Last post 08-15-2011 2:20 PM by mlepitt. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-15-2011 1:21 PM

Quickbooks Integration Fails

Everytime I try a manual sync or to grant permissions, I get the following error:

Method CRM - QuickBooks Online Sync Results

Company Account ReQuest
    Result Aborted
    Message The ticket is no longer valid, please log into your Intuit account again.
    Changes to QBO
    Changes to Method
  • 08-15-2011 1:40 PM In reply to

Re: Quickbooks Integration Fails

This can happen when the "ticket" QuickBooks online has given to Method has expired.  Tickets are invisble to you......they are just something between Method and QuickBooks that says "hey QuickBooks, mlepitt has let their Method CRM account access their QB Online data, can you check the ticket you gave me last time to see if it still okay that I connect?".  

To get a new ticket, you can do one of the following:

1. In QuickBooks Online, click the Blue Dot widget in the top right corner, and click on the Method CRM icon (tip: click on the little icon to the right of Method CRM in the menu so that it opens up in a new window - that's what I prefer when I use it).

OR

2. Go to workplace.intuit.com, sign in, and then click on the Method CRM icon.

That will create a new relationship between QB Online and Method and your ticket will be valid again.

Right now, we're using a ticketing system that has *really short* durations, sometimes as little as 20 minutes.  In September, however, we'll be taking advantage of something Intuit is putting out that will actually make the tickets last much longer, sometimes months long.

I hope that helps,

Paul

• 08-15-2011 2:20 PM In reply to

Re: Quickbooks Integration Fails

Paul -

Thank you, that took care of it.  During evaluation I had been signing into both separately, not realizing I had to get into Method via Quickbooks Online to maintain the link.

Emily

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)