Method Community

Can not get calendar appointments to sync - undescriptive problem occurs

Last post 09-17-2015 10:01 AM by Method_Morty. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-20-2015 9:45 AM

Can not get calendar appointments to sync - undescriptive problem occurs

I can not seem to get calendar integration to work in Outlook.

I am using Outlook 2010.  Some of my coworkers use Outlook 2013 (the desktop version, not 365).  Calendar syncing does not work in either version.

I can create an appointment in outlook, and then click either 'Add to Method' or use the 'Syncronize'.  It will bring up the table that asks me to select a contact.  I choose a contact, and go on to the next screen where I tell it just add an activity for that contact.  The third screen has all of the contact's information pre-populated, and I can write a short little email blurb.  However, when I click 'Add to Method', I start getting a chain of issues.

After this point, I start getting a train of 'could not update one of your appointments' problems.  The first issue is that "Assigned To:" always defaults to the email address that we use to log in to Method and the plugin, but what it's really looking for is our name.  So this has to be manually changed each and every time., and there isn't a way to change what this defaults to.  This isn't the show-stopper, though.

The second error I get is extremely ambigous.  "We could not update one of your appointments because value x in the field y no longer exists.  Please choose a new value and press OK to proceed."  I have no idea where "field y" exists, or what would cause this error.  If I try to just select 'Okay' and skip through it, the NEXT problem that comes up is "We could not update one of your appointments because the value 2014-04-20 17:00:00 in the field Start Date no longer exists."  At this point, the last two errors just cycle repeatedly, no matter what I put in that date field. 

This issue occurs regardless of what contact it's assigned to, or if people are just trying to sync to their calendars (I would prefer that they be able to just do the latter, none of my workers are going to agree to fill out forms every time they want to set an appointment). 

Any help would be more than appreciated.

• 04-20-2015 10:38 AM In reply to

Re: Can not get calendar appointments to sync - undescriptive problem occurs

Answer

Hi sbonner,

This is something that would be much easier for us to take a look at over the phone with you. I have created a support case for you and a member of our support team will reach out as soon as they are available.

I noticed that we don’t have a contact number on file for you. You will be receiving a case notification shortly. Please reply to this notification with a number where you can be reached.

Thank you,

-Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    Method:CRM
    a.sada@method.me
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local & Overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
  • 09-17-2015 8:54 AM In reply to

• StephanieGO
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-17-2015
    • Toms River, New Jersey
    • Posts 3

I am having this same issue, but have not found a resolution in the forums other than what is above.  Please advise.

Thank you.

Stephanie

• 09-17-2015 10:01 AM In reply to

Hey Stephanie,

This issue is a lot easier to troubleshoot over a screenshare. I have created a Support case on your behalf (#15786) - a member from Support will reach out and assist ASAP.

-- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
    Method:CRM
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)