Method Community

Quickbooks database hosted in the cloud

Last post 05-19-2021 2:05 AM by Bhavleen Kaur. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-13-2013 9:29 AM

Quickbooks database hosted in the cloud

Good morning,

since I do not want to go to the expense of recreating my method account to work with Quickbooks online , we are looking at using a third party hosting company that will host our Quickbooks database. So, my question is, how will this affect your sync engine running in the background? Is your sync engine capable of connecting to our data base in the cloud as long as I plug in the credentials?

Thanks

Bryan

Bryan Hand
    Owner
    Hand Crafted Pool Care, Inc.
  • 06-13-2013 11:50 AM In reply to

Re: Quickbooks database hosted in the cloud

Answer

Hi Bryan,

The short answer is yes, its capable.  Both of our hosting partners, Insyq and Right Networks, have managed to get the Method sync engine to work with their hosting solutions.  I believe there are others that have been able to get it to work as well.  With that said there are some considerations to take into account.  Depending on the setup, there is likely some work needed to be done to get the proper permissions set on the server in order for the sync engine to run properly. A cloud hosting solution will likely run with Terminal services or Citrix, and those can present a number of complications.  I'd recommend checking out this Help Center article, Server Installations, and also this forum post for more info.

Hope this helps,

Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 06-13-2013 7:55 PM In reply to

Thanks Adam,

I have already spoken to Insynq and they have a turn key process that will allow this to happen.

I appreciate the insight.

Bryan

Bryan Hand
    Owner
    Hand Crafted Pool Care, Inc.
  • 05-19-2021 2:05 AM In reply to

Hi Bryan,

Thanks for posting here.

As per your question, if you want to make the transition of your QuickBooks application from desktop to the cloud, then data will be easily moved to the cloud servers. It will be the responsibility of cloud providers. Most of the competent hosting providers offer 24/7 IT-support.

You can contact the Solutions Expert of the service provider.
    I personally like the services offered by Ace Cloud Hosting. Do check their website in the signatures.

I hope it helps.
    Thank you.

Tech. Analyst at https://www.acecloudhosting.com/quickbooks-hosting/
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)