Method Community

Customer Sales Rep Won't Accept Empty Value

Last post 12-05-2016 3:28 PM by Blake C. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-22-2013 12:34 PM

Customer Sales Rep Won't Accept Empty Value

For some reason I just noticed the Customer Sales Rep field cannot be cleared out. When I do clear it out and Save, the value is immediately put back to the previous value by Method. It's similar to other issues I've seen and posted about on this forum (e.g. I posted an issue within the past year IIRC re: the Sales Order PO Number being re-populated by Method after saving an empty value). Ultimately, you guys (Method devs) did something to fix the issue on your side to fix that particular issue.

This is happening on the stock CRM_EditCustomer screen. The Sales Rep dropdown containing a rep's initials.

Can you look into this? Thx

Blake C
  • 09-23-2013 10:02 AM In reply to

Re: Customer Sales Rep Won't Accept Empty Value

Hi Blake,

I did try this in my own test account, and was able to replicate the issue you mention above.  I am going to send this to our developers to see if there is anything we can do about it.  I did notice in my testing, that if I removed the sales person completely, directly from QuickBooks, then this change would sync over to Method.  If you absolutely require no sales person for certain Customers that already have one asisgned to them, please use this workaround until I can post back here with more information.

-Ben

• 09-24-2013 9:55 AM In reply to

Thank you

Blake C
  • 10-04-2013 9:59 AM In reply to

Hi Blake,

Good news on this topic, we have just pushed an update for this issue on the live site.  So, if you were to now blank out the Sales Rep Field on the EditCustomer screen from Method (after there was a Sales Rep already assigned), this change will now stick when a sync has been peformed.  

-Ben 

• 10-04-2013 10:03 AM In reply to

thank you!

Blake C
  • 12-05-2016 3:28 PM In reply to

THIS ISSUE IS OCCURRING AGAIN.

Only this time it's for a 'Class' on a sales order. If I select a class value on a sales order and save, then clear out the the selected value for class and save again. Method automatically puts back the previous value rather than saving an empty value. Happens on stock screen, as well.

Blake C
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)