Method Community

How to get Purchase Order Number from the ItemReceiptLineItem Table

Last post 09-21-2010 11:51 AM by seny. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-09-2010 4:47 PM

• seny
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-15-2010
    • Posts 32

How to get Purchase Order Number from the ItemReceiptLineItem Table

Please see the subject, I could not find a field from Table ItemReceiptLineItem that corresponds to a purchase order number.

I am sure it is somehow linked, I just could not find where i can get that info.

Does anybody know where I can get the PO number?

Thanks

• 09-10-2010 12:29 PM In reply to

Re: How to get Purchase Order Number from the ItemReceiptLineItem Table

Hey Seny,

I am looking into this but will need some more time. From what I can see so far, the ItemReceiptlineItem table keeps track of the PurchaseOrderLineItem Record ID.

I will dig deeper and let you know when I find the answer.

• 09-10-2010 1:22 PM In reply to

• seny
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-15-2010
    • Posts 32

Hi Ryan,

Just for your information, when I try to create an ItemReceipt from Method, after I selected some lineitems from a Purchase Order, then I can see the LinkToPurchaseOrder has a valid value. However, after I saved the ItemReceipt, then that field (LinkToPurchaseOrder) no longer has a value. That is when I got confused. If that value stays as long as that record exists, I can use that  to find the PurchaseOrderLine record and then retrieve the corresponding Purchase Order

Thanks

• 09-14-2010 6:55 PM In reply to

• seny
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-15-2010
    • Posts 32

Any update on this issue?

• 09-16-2010 12:20 PM In reply to

• seny
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-15-2010
    • Posts 32

Hi Ryan,

Would you please take a look at this issue when you have time? Or somebody could help me out, that'll be great. Since I can not move forward with my project if this can not be resolved.

Thanks.

• 09-21-2010 11:34 AM In reply to

Hey Seny,

Sorry it took me so long to look into this, I needed to make sure I did the correct testing.
    Here is what I found;

The current Item Receipt screen does not show you the PO Number, you are able to customize the grid to show you a link to the PO's LineItemRecordID. If you want to show the PO number, you can use the action "Retrieve value from Table" to find the correct PO Number. To get you started, place this action on the Save and Close button on "PurchaseOrder_OpenPO" screen.

You could also add a field to the ItemReceiptILineItem table, and when you select your PO items(on the PurchaseOrder_OpenPO screen), have actions also insert the PO Number along with all the other info(Item, Quantity, Rate..etc)

If you want more help on this topic, with 1 on 1 support, please contact your business consultant to book some Consulting Time.

• 09-21-2010 11:51 AM In reply to

• seny
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-15-2010
    • Posts 32

Thanks Ryan.

I thought there would be already a field doing that in the ItemReceiptLineItem table, and there is a field called "LinkToPurchaseOrder" which does that. However, as I mentioned in one of my previous post, that field will be emptied as soon as that ItemReceipt has been saved. When I just select the PO, and before I save the ItemReceipt, it has a valid value.

I could add another field to link the right PO number, but the problem is that if somebody else does an Item Receipt in QuickBooks, then whatever field I added into the ItemReceiptLineItem table would not be updated. I do remember the QB SDK does give us the PO Txn number when doing a Item Receipt, I just do not know why Method does not keep that inforamtion for later use.

No matter what solution I use, it has to work both with Method and QuickBooks alone, since one of our people will be still using QuickBooks.

So if you think of anything, please let me know. Thanks

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)